Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Difference In Focus Price Is Massive

catch

I have never ever considered buying a brand new car [i like my brass to much to pee it away that much]

But for those who don't hold that view, now is the time to buy new as long as you don't mind buying the outgoing model....the one with all the problems ironed out of it. [well apart from that rusty bit on the rear opening bulkhead :rolleyes: ]

I was just playing about on the "configure your car" thingamebob on the Ford website.

Mk3 Titanium 100PS £19,240 [with colour choice]

Mk2.5 Titanium 100PS £14,950 [with colour choice]

That's a saving of £4,290 because Ford are discounting the out going model range

You can get it for less if you go into a dealer but don't expect to get colour specs you want its only what's left now. Production stopped on 3 door and estate ages ago and also production stopped on all engines appart from 1.6 petrol and 1.6 dsl. Once all cars have gone for are only keeping the sport and style going but production is nearly coming to an end on these too

Ive just ordered a Sport in Panther Black for £12,922 on the road with a full years tax.

The Titanium is only £12,495 at the moment + £470 for Met paint. Zetec models are around £1000 less.

Bargains are to be had.

Ive just ordered a Sport in Panther Black for £12,922 on the road with a full years tax.

The Titanium is only £12,495 at the moment + £470 for Met paint. Zetec models are around £1000 less.

Bargains are to be had.

Indeed,just looking at the Titanium for example, your numbers stack up to it being £6,275 in your choice of colour [if it's out there]less than the incoming model. Expressed in percentage terms, that is 32.61% less than what you will pay for the incoming model.

Its just the classic case of ford shifting the left overs really what ever is sat in the ports and compounds NEEDS to go before the new models flood the market otherwise the dealers will have a back log of mk2.5's blocking everywhere up and nowhere for the mk3's to go. Dont get why you can still configure a 3dr and an estate on the on line configurator though i know they stopped allowing you to build st's ages ago.

Tbh if i had the cash id be in the dealer now haggling like mad on a mk2.5 3dr 2.0 ZS in white fully kitted.

Another thing completely off topic but have to share it on my way home from workies i pulled into the ford dealer and had a look at there demo for the mk3 and MY GOD its hideous the wheels look like !Removed! coasters and it was sodding pink! i mean come on if the car is a demo they usually get the fully kitted titanium model in black or silver with the option wheels on but pink on coasters haha no cheers.

The one I have on order isn't one that is sitting in a pound somewhere. It is in the process of being built. Lookers had run out of stock, so I had to get one ordered.

The one I have on order isn't one that is sitting in a pound somewhere. It is in the process of being built. Lookers had run out of stock, so I had to get one ordered.

Yours must be one of the last ones to be ordered! you lucky bugger lol the compound ones are usually not to savoury if they've been sat to long.

Whats your delivery date if you dont mind my asking

Yours must be one of the last ones to be ordered! you lucky bugger lol the compound ones are usually not to savoury if they've been sat to long.

Whats your delivery date if you dont mind my asking

I am hoping its ready by 9th April. Ive alraedy bought the Permaseal paint sealer, Supaguard for the interior and wheels, mud flaps and a set of deep pile mats for it. All I then need do is get someone to tint the rear windows for me.