Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Trip Computer

stevepil

Hi all

Hope someone can help me as I am really stuck

I have a new Ford Focus Titanium, and note the trip computer for MPG and Speed shows an average, and not an actual trip MPG or trip speed, all my previous cars have had both so you can see a total MPG until you reset it, and a MPG for your current trip which resets it self after 2 hours.

Does the Focus have this function as I can not find how to toggle between the 2 anywhere and would really appreciate some help. The average bits in the trip computer do have a little symbol next to them which suggests to me it does have a toggle situation as I am thinking the little symbol is suggesting its average rather than trip but I may be wrong.

I would really appreciate any help... also the petrol remaining, is that based on the MPG average does anyone know? reason I ask is I have done a 400 mile round trip today and the MPG has gone right up to 54mpg from 45mpg and not sure what my petrol remaining in tank is based on...

Hope this makes sense and someone can help me

Thanks, Steve

Hi all

Hope someone can help me as I am really stuck

I have a new Ford Focus Titanium, and note the trip computer for MPG and Speed shows an average, and not an actual trip MPG or trip speed, all my previous cars have had both so you can see a total MPG until you reset it, and a MPG for your current trip which resets it self after 2 hours.

Does the Focus have this function as I can not find how to toggle between the 2 anywhere and would really appreciate some help. The average bits in the trip computer do have a little symbol next to them which suggests to me it does have a toggle situation as I am thinking the little symbol is suggesting its average rather than trip but I may be wrong.

I would really appreciate any help... also the petrol remaining, is that based on the MPG average does anyone know? reason I ask is I have done a 400 mile round trip today and the MPG has gone right up to 54mpg from 45mpg and not sure what my petrol remaining in tank is based on...

Hope this makes sense and someone can help me

Thanks, Steve

Yes the focus does does have the option, however it all depends on what firmware you have loaded onto the Trip Computer. My car irritatingly doesnt have it, however other owners of the same model / year have got it. If you call Ford and ask them they could give you a price to flash your computer and allow these functions. Shame its not standard on all firmware / free upgrade. it hardly takes that much time plugging in, running a small program and unplugging it again!!

You should be able to reset the average MPG by pressing in and holding the button on the side whilst displaying it.

I think that is what you are after.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club