Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hissing From Collapsed Hose

andy_1984

i heard a hissing coming from the engine bay when tinkering with the engine running and managed to trace ot back to this hose, it has collapsed and has a small hole that when plugged the hissing stops but still collapsed. does anyone know what hose it is so i can get a replacement.

also if known what problems/symptoms would the car have with this collapsed & punctured hose

the green line indicates how far along(left to right) the hose goes until it connects to a small plastic tube but cant see it very well because of the manifold.

name_that_hose.jpg

Cheers,

Andy

If you are referring to the hose behind the manifold then it is the PCV (positive crankshaft ventilation) tubing. There is a valve attached to the far right tubing. It should be under £20 to replace these parts from ford.

cant find any pcv hoses that look like the on in it currently. they all also look too long ?

cant find any pcv hoses that look like the on in it currently. they all also look too long ?

pcv should be available from ford you cant find many anywhere else

pcv should be available from ford you cant find many anywhere else

yeah ive discovered that. pia so it is not even on eBay :angry:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club