Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Thudding Exhaust Tone, No Pressure From Exhaust

paramaniac

Hi all,

I've got a 2009 Focus 1.8 petrol, in the past couple of days I've noticed my exhaust tone change slightly, sounds a bit deeper and thudding slightly. Especially when engine is cold or if I accelerate from very low revs. Also when I cover the end of the exhaust there is no pressure pushing back on my hand. This leads me to believe that the exhaust is blowing somewhere.

However I thought maybe there is some safety mechanism that allows exhaust gases to escape if the end of the exhaust is blocked - hence no pressure and it's supposed to be like that?

Not noticed anything else wrong with the car. It's still within the 3 year warranty so I'm dropping it off at my local Ford dealer tonight. Just wondered if anyone had similar experience and whether it was rectified under warranty without any issues?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club