Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engine Warning Light

ADV123

Hi, new member here, hoping someone can help me with an issue I have.

I have a Ford Mondeo 2.0L TDCI which has covered 93,000 miles.

I was driving on Good Friday when the Engine Warning light can on and I lost power, this immediately went off and everything was fine. I had done around five miles of a fifteen mile journey and it did not come on again or on the return journey. I was doing around 60mph.

On Easter Sunday I was doing 80mph on the motorway and the same thing happened again, after around thirty miles of my journey, light on foe a second, loss of power, then everything back to normal. I continued the rest of my two hundred and fifty mile journey with no issues?

Does anyone have any idea what is happening? I don't want to put it into the garage unless I need to and I need the car for the rest of the week for work?

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

ADV.

it could be a sensor that is starting to play up,but which one is impossible to say at the moment,with the high mileage i would think of doing a egr valve clean if it has never been done as it could be gummed up and starting to stick the following link may help if you decide to do it.

http://www.fordwiki.co.uk/index.php?title=EGR_Valve_and_Inlet_Manifold_Clearout_TDCi

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club