Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ipod Connection

PaulStevo

Lo all..First proper post so hear goes.

Picking up Focus some time this week if it gets delivered ,its 60 plate Ford focus silver titanium 1.6tdci (nav ,comms, reversing,priv glass )2k on the clock.

Now the car has the nav fitted not the touch screen one..

Have a few questions about audio in the car..

Read the manuals and titanium comes with standard Dab system with 8 Speakers.

The Nav in this one is not Dab and only comes with 6 Speakers..

Thing is im not that bothered about sat nav more interested in audio quality...

Is the the standard Dab unit much better than the nav sound system..

Is is worth me asking them to swop out nav for dab system? Pretty sure the nav is a more expensive option.

Also have ipod and iPhone im wanting to connect to the car.

Do i use the normal ipod lead that connects to my pc or is there a specific ford compatible interface lead.

Thanks all :)

It sounds like you have the same system I have in my Sport. Now I only picked the car up on Saturday and am still finding my way around the system.

I dont know what the DAB system sounds like, but the sound quality is much better than the standard Focus system which I had in my previous 09 plate Focus. I had to turn the bass down as I sounded like some chav from South Essex (no offence intended).

The standard USB lead to your PC works, however I did try my Daughter iPoD Touch and it listed the songs on the screen and played them, but I couldn't hear anything. I may have to connect the 3.5mm jack to the headphone socket and see if that works, or I may have been doing something wrong.

I did find the PDF instructions online for it. So if you PM me I will email it to you.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club