Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help

vickie321

So, I have a 2001 Ford Ka 1.3, think its an Endura engine but not 100% (will check) and the symbols have worn off the caps under my bonnet. The one im trying to identify is shown on the attachment below, in the top left of the picture, the one with a black cap inbetween the dip stick and the top strut mount of the suspension. The fluid appears to be blue in colour, i think its radiator fluid but in all honesty i dont have a clue :-( but its below minimum level and i dont want the car to break down or blow up on me so im eager to get it sorted. Thanks in advance!! Vickie x

ps. this picture is not my engine, but one ive found using google that looks the same

post-22766-0-41988100-1304630950_thumb.j

The container with the black cap is power steering fluid and is dark red in colour but looks black in the reservoir. The one next to it with the yellow cap and red/pink fluid is your engine coolant.

Only top the power steering fluid up when it is cold. The levels marked on the reservoir are normally for hot and cold, not min and max.

Good luck

That picture isnt my car, the fluid in my car in the reservoir that is in the same place as the one on that picture with the black cap on my car contains blue fluid, not dark red or black, if it is power steering fluid could it be blue?

And as for the levels, mine is currently well below minimum when the engine is cold, so would i top it up to minimum or to a mid way point between min and max? Thanks for your help. x

That picture isnt my car, the fluid in my car in the reservoir that is in the same place as the one on that picture with the black cap on my car contains blue fluid, not dark red or black, if it is power steering fluid could it be blue?

And as for the levels, mine is currently well below minimum when the engine is cold, so would i top it up to minimum or to a mid way point between min and max? Thanks for your help. x

Do you have the other reservoir with the yellow screw on cap. This one may have red, pink or blue fluid in it (in your picture it is red or pink). If you have the same engine and lay out as in the picture the reservoir with the black cap is definately the power steering. Take the cap off and check that it has an oily substance in there.

If the coolant is below the minimum, top it up to max.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club