Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Resetting My Mileage (Clocking)

andy.g0vys

Hi, first time on the forum, I'm changing the engine on my mk3 mondeo this weekend its getting a little tired 190.000 on clock,

My question is there any way i can legaly reset my mileage to corrispond with the replacement engine ?.

Thanks in Advance Andy

In a short word, NO. It's an offence to wind/adjust the clock back, plus the mileage would still be on record with the mot data base.

Carnt belive I'm saying this though,...... your speedo has packed up, so you have to change it, say from a breaker (obviously with lower milage)

Hi, first time on the forum, I'm changing the engine on my mk3 mondeo this weekend its getting a little tired 190.000 on clock,

My question is there any way i can legaly reset my mileage to corrispond with the replacement engine ?.

Thanks in Advance Andy

hi andy,

I could sell you a mondeo mk 3 with no engine and 98000 on clock ,mk3 tdci ghia 2002 panther black.the engine went !Removed! up last week and am selling as a non runner!!!

Thanks in Advance Andy

No and why would you want to unless you want to decieve people?

The mileage is recorded to show how many miles the CAR has done, not just the engine. If you put a replacement engine in you will note down the mileage of both engine and car at the time of the swap. You then put this in your cars history paperwork along with the reciept for the engine. That way when you come to sell the car, you can work out how many miles the engine has done AND then car.

If someone in the know came to buy it, they could easily report you for fraud and clocking and you would have no leg to stand on.

You could have the mileage set to what you like, i believe it is only illegal if you try to sell the car on without letting buyers know it has been adjusted..

also dvla will require all the new numbers and proof of where the engine came from.

also dvla will require all the new numbers and proof of where the engine came from.

going off subject slightly here, recently just changed the engine and gearbox on a mates car, from what you say he will need to provide the dvla with details? how does he go about this?

cheers mate

stef

going off subject slightly here, recently just changed the engine and gearbox on a mates car, from what you say he will need to provide the dvla with details? how does he go about this?

cheers mate

stef

I think theres a section on the V5 to do this,

quote mintalkin: dvla will require all the new numbers and proof of where the engine came from. is correct, if you dont it could give the insurance an excuse in an unfotumate circumstance not to pay out.