Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Warranty On A Ford Focus?

flashsnaps

Hi all,

I am planning on buying a 10 Plate Ford Focus Zetec from a dealer. Do Ford focus come with a 3yr manaufactures warranty and is this still valid even though I am purchasing through dealer?

Hi, i recently bought a 10 plate focus from a dealer and yes the 3 years warranty is still effective as long as the car has the correct service intervals i believe! i'm sure there is someone on here who can explain better than me though :rolleyes:

aslong as the dealer is a registered ford dealership like jennings or arnold clark and you are the first owner then yes warrenty exists.

if purchasing from a used car dealer, then they maybe offering there own warrenty and from personal exp its not worth the paper its written on...there is probably good third party warranty out there but in general they are all pants.

aslong as the dealer is a registered ford dealership like jennings or arnold clark and you are the first owner then yes warrenty exists.

:D :D :D read it back to yourself John.

Right, so there is no ambiguity regarding the answer, no Charge of the Light Brigade misunderstandings. :rolleyes:

As long as the vehicle has been serviced in line with Fords service schedule and complies with Fords warranty terms and conditions. Then the cars three year manufactures warranty is deemed to be still in place.

Just because a car is sold by the original owner before the warranty period has expired, does not by that action make it a lapsed warranty. And no it is not dependent on it being resold via a Main Dealership. You could buy a one year old Focus from you neighbour next door, and it would still have the remaining two years Ford warranty on it.

I'm sure if you look hard enough you will find second hand cars advertised as "being sold with the balance of the manufactures warranty"

ive read it a few times and dont get it catch...maybe the fact i just woke up pmsl

i was saying as some manufacturers say once the first owner has sold the car, the warranty isnt valid. but if it is sold again by the same registered ford dealer then they can put it back on...if that makes sense.

obviously you have to keep to a strict servicing cycle and keep your booked stamped for it to be valid.

i know this to be true on peugeots/citroens and vauxhalls. so i suspect the same for ford. best person to ask is the salesman.

Well John you won't see anything wrong , because you obviously believe what salesmen tell you :P

From Fords own website, under warranty questions.

How do you I transfer the warranty details to a new owner?

The Ford warranty applies to the vehicle and not the owner. Owner details can be changed by calling Ford Protect on 0870 241 6726.

I still stand by my statement that the normal three year warranty by any Vehicle Manufactures is transferable. OK, Vauxhall have restricted their "extended" eight year/ 100K warranty to the original owner. But same rule as already stated applies to the three year warranty. Think about it the eight year warranty is a sales gimmick.A gimmick that could actually back fire on their sales figures over time, as returning Vauxhall buyers will be tempted to hang on to their vehicles longer :rolleyes: To abandon their liabilities in regard to second hand cars under three years old would be financial suicide.

There is no legal requirement for a sales person to know what he is talking about..............so I find it novel that some people are prepared to accept what they say is Gospel. ;)

With age come cynicism, it grows with experience, and nine times out of ten you can trust it :D

ooo catch that was like a thunder punch to the genitals. :lol:

May the Force be with you Luke John :)

all i need a light saber...right better get back on topic before we get flogged by the master!!! pmsl

ive read it a few times and dont get it catch...maybe the fact i just woke up pmsl

i was saying as some manufacturers say once the first owner has sold the car, the warranty isnt valid. but if it is sold again by the same registered ford dealer then they can put it back on...if that makes sense.

obviously you have to keep to a strict servicing cycle and keep your booked stamped for it to be valid.

i know this to be true on peugeots/citroens and vauxhalls. so i suspect the same for ford. best person to ask is the salesman.

Hi, just to add my 1p, this is from the Peugeot website about their extended warranty:

"Just like the warranty you get free with a new Peugeot, its transferable - which means great value for any potential buyers should you decide to sell the vehicle before the extended warranty runs out. All you have to do is make sure you stick to the recommended service schedule and insist on genuine Peugeot parts." Even extended warranty's on Peugeot's are transferable..

I'm afraid all car warranties are transferable from ownership to ownership. Just as the Focus's here are http://www.perkinsgarages.co.uk/index.php?id=15&cat=18 see it says FORD Warranty Balance until SEPTEMBER 2013. Do I need to translate? Anybody got their original documentation to hand? No need, here is what Ford say here http://www.ford.co.uk/BuyingandprotectingyourFord/Warranties/NewCarWarranty "The cover continues even if you sell your Ford, too".

Chris

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club