Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Ka Problems!

katypop

Hi I recently brought a 2001 51 plate Ford Ka Collection.

It drives fine and generally everything seems ok. But there are a couple of things that have caught my attention. The drivers side electric window jams when going down and sometimes sticks, jolts and then continues to go down. It looks like the glass drops quicker on one side than it does on the other. I thought there may just be something jammed in the window or maybe the glss needed re-alineing. However, then a garage told me it would be window motor mechanism and this would cost over £200??? Has anybody else expereienced this?

Secondly the past two days when I have started the car there is a ticking noise which sounds like it is coming from the steering coloum/dashboard area. The ticking noise starts when the ignisition is turned on (ie the radio etc is on but the car engine is not running) Once the car is running it stays on and sounds like a clock ticking about every second. After the car has been running/ driving for a while the noise stops (maybe 10-15 mins). This has also only happened the first time that I have taken the car out in the day. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks for your help it is greatly appreciated!! :-)

As far as your window is concerned, try spaying silicon oil/grease down the window channels. Worked on ours. Not sure about your other problem. Sounds like a relay clicking on and off.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club