Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Fiesta Spare Wheel

Belfast Chick

Hi all. I am new to the driving world and would appreciate any help you can offer :)

I have ordered a Ford Fiesta from England. I collect it in a couple of days. I have since discovered it doesn't come with a spare wheel. It comes with a puncture repair kit instead. This is my first car.

The dealer is trying to charge me a couple of hundred quid for a spare wheel (plain steel 15" wheel, not alloys), the brace and the jack. I am buying a three year extended warranty at £470 and he will still not give me a reduction on the wheel kit.

Where can I get a cheaper full size spare wheel? What size is a full size steel wheel on a 2011 fiesta expressed like xxx/xx/15?

Thanks very much.

Hi all. I am new to the driving world and would appreciate any help you can offer :)

I have ordered a Ford Fiesta from England. I collect it in a couple of days. I have since discovered it doesn't come with a spare wheel. It comes with a puncture repair kit instead. This is my first car.

The dealer is trying to charge me a couple of hundred quid for a spare wheel (plain steel 15" wheel, not alloys), the brace and the jack. I am buying a three year extended warranty at £470 and he will still not give me a reduction on the wheel kit.

Where can I get a cheaper full size spare wheel? What size is a full size steel wheel on a 2011 fiesta expressed like xxx/xx/15?

Thanks very much.

Hi Chick, best thing to do is visit a scrappy, buy a genuine spare / kit from them for about £60 for a decent set! much much cheaper :)

its the best and cheapest answer. - to save yourself time, call around a few breakers and ask if they have it to get a price, also if you ask them, they will check if they have the right tyre size.

The tyre will be the same as on the alloy, for example, if you have a 180/45/R15 then that will be the same on the steel as the alloy. Again make sure you buy the right size for your car.

Even if you buy one thats on a write off, where the damage is at the front end, if they dont have a spare, you could still take the rear wheel if its in good condition, and replace the tyre with a "part worn" for £20 + wheel cost...

Hi jeebowhite :D

Thanks for getting back to my enquiry so quickly, I really apprecaite your advice.

I rang the dealer who advised me I should buy a full size spare wheel measuring 175/65/14 in order to be the same size as the ones on the car.

I was adviosed that the 14 (inches) is the rim size. They have confirmed that the car had a specific space for the wheel and that it will take this size.

I am glad I rang as I thought 15" was the standard size - I am clueless!!

I will get onto some breakers asap and see how I get on. I'm collecting my car on Thursday so i'm all excited LOL

Thanks again,

Belfast Chick.

Hi Chick, best thing to do is visit a scrappy, buy a genuine spare / kit from them for about £60 for a decent set! much much cheaper :)

its the best and cheapest answer. - to save yourself time, call around a few breakers and ask if they have it to get a price, also if you ask them, they will check if they have the right tyre size.

The tyre will be the same as on the alloy, for example, if you have a 180/45/R15 then that will be the same on the steel as the alloy. Again make sure you buy the right size for your car.

Even if you buy one thats on a write off, where the damage is at the front end, if they dont have a spare, you could still take the rear wheel if its in good condition, and replace the tyre with a "part worn" for £20 + wheel cost...

No Problem, hope your search goes well and you end up paying a lot less than Ford wanted :P

Got a space saver wheel in good nick (only used once) with a brace, jack and four spare nuts for £20 :D

Got a space saver wheel in good nick (only used once) with a brace, jack and four spare nuts for £20 :D

that was a local scrappy? very good deal! I have never been too fond of spacesavers, at least with a full size you can still do the speed limit (never understood why a full sizr spare tyre, which is secured to the vehicle the same way as the rest of them can never go above 45km lol?) glad you got it sorted though!

that was a local scrappy? very good deal! I have never been too fond of spacesavers, at least with a full size you can still do the speed limit (never understood why a full sizr spare tyre, which is secured to the vehicle the same way as the rest of them can never go above 45km lol?) glad you got it sorted though!

Yep in Downpatrick. It was in better nick than the proper tyres they had available and i'm on R plates (so I can't go above 45mph lol).

I figured i'd keep an eye out for a proper one over the next couple of weeks.

I'll keep it at the house and use the spacesaver to get to the garage to repair the puncture/home to replace the wheel if if the tyre can't be repaired :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club