Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk6 Fiesta Zetec Blue (2008) Help

Al Zombie

Hello everyone, this is my first time posting here.

I've recently come into a few minor problems with my car. Nothing too serious but it approaches 3 years old soon and so Ford will probably cut me loose with no warranty soon so I want any problems sorted before then.

1. My passenger seat handle (it's a 3 door car) has come off. I've tried to fit it back on but it only comes off again. It seems this is a big issue with mk6 Fiestas. The handle part that holds on to the top of the metal cable has worn down.

2. The car has powered wing mirrors that automatically fold in when the car locks. The driver side mirror has started clicking when closing. It's like the motor doesn't know when to stop and so it just keeps going till the power cuts off.

3. When changing from 1st to 2nd gear I often find the car grinding. It operates fine in the end but there is sometimes a grinding sound and feeling when changing only between 1st and 2nd.

As I said, the car is nearly 3 years old and I understand it has a 3 year warranty. I never had my car service by Ford after the first service. They did the first one but since then I've had it serviced by a neighbour of mine who is a working mechanic. I'm worried that the warranty may be void, but I am not sure. Also I have heard of Ford putting up some struggle with these issues on Ford driver forums and so I was hoping you guys could advise me on ways to gently convince them to do those free of charge!

Thanks

Al

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club