Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Morello Purple Listed As Red On V5 - Dodgy?

Ad_87

Hi, Just done a hpi check and the car is listed as red but it's morello purple, does this sound dogdy? The seller has confirmed it's down as red on the v5. I know the dvla use generic colors but wouldn't purple be one of them?

A quick reply would be appreciated,

Thanks,

Ad.

I don't think it's anything to worry about, I read about something very similar where a new car in very dark metallic blue was listed as grey (or something similar) on the V5. The only issue might be if it got stolen and the Police end up looking for a bright red car :blink:

I don't think it's anything to worry about, I read about something very similar where a new car in very dark metallic blue was listed as grey (or something similar) on the V5. The only issue might be if it got stolen and the Police end up looking for a bright red car :blink:

I agree, the problem is that these companies who do the HPI check are not allowed to access the government systems. To my knowledge every X days, they purchase a copy of the database, and then update theirs.

So if my car was stolen, it may not appear on a hpi check for 30 days. The other issue is that when they buy a copy of the database, they can input their data incorrectly.

Cheers guys, opted for a mk6.5 instead.. Was set on getting a titanium but a zetec climate came up at the right price having done only 16,000.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club