Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dpf Filter On 2005 Ford Focus

suchthefool

Hi all,

I have a 2005/55 Focus Titanium Diesel. Loving the car so far, only had it a couple of months. It's my first diesel.

I was driving the other day and my red light came on with a bleep and the warning read something along the lines of 'Engine Fault' (forgotten the exact message now).

RAC ran some diagnostics and tell me my my DPF regeneration failed. He says that they can get the garage to clean out the soot etc from the existing filter and run the regeneration again, at a cost of £200-odd. Failing that, a new filter would cost me £600-700. He also said that Ford are the only people who can reset the error message (or something like that).

The garage has now cleaned it out and passed it to Ford to regenerate it (or something like that). Basically, they tell me that it hasn't worked and we'll have to go for plan B, a new filter, at a cost of ....wait for it....£1400!

This is a complete rip off right? I've seen the part on websites for £370-odd and the mechanic admitted the labour would only be about an hour.

When I get the car back, is there any way I can sort this without having to pay for a new filter? I've read elsewhere that if you drive it consistently at 2500+ revs for 30-40 mins that should do the trick. Is that wishful thinking?

As i said, this is my first diesel and the DPF regeneration proccess is all new to me so if anyone can educate me a bit and offer any advice, I would be most appreciative!!

Hi all,

I have a 2005/55 Focus Titanium Diesel. Loving the car so far, only had it a couple of months. It's my first diesel.

I was driving the other day and my red light came on with a bleep and the warning read something along the lines of 'Engine Fault' (forgotten the exact message now).

RAC ran some diagnostics and tell me my my DPF regeneration failed. He says that they can get the garage to clean out the soot etc from the existing filter and run the regeneration again, at a cost of £200-odd. Failing that, a new filter would cost me £600-700. He also said that Ford are the only people who can reset the error message (or something like that).

The garage has now cleaned it out and passed it to Ford to regenerate it (or something like that). Basically, they tell me that it hasn't worked and we'll have to go for plan B, a new filter, at a cost of ....wait for it....£1400!

This is a complete rip off right? I've seen the part on websites for £370-odd and the mechanic admitted the labour would only be about an hour.

When I get the car back, is there any way I can sort this without having to pay for a new filter? I've read elsewhere that if you drive it consistently at 2500+ revs for 30-40 mins that should do the trick. Is that wishful thinking?

As i said, this is my first diesel and the DPF regeneration proccess is all new to me so if anyone can educate me a bit and offer any advice, I would be most appreciative!!

running it wont sort the fact the filter is knackered the only option is buy the part youreself pay a garage to fit then get ford to reset it which they will charge for i believe you also need to get the eloys fluid topped up also and people wonder why i hate diesels lol

Do you have a combined cat and dpf or is the dpf another unit? Ive seen dpf's on their own for £180.

Sounds like Cat and DPF are seperate anyway so it could just be the £300 part, It doesnt surprise me the response you got though.

Buy the part, get it fitted, buy the EOLYS juice and get ford to refit - probably cost you about £600 in total... and you can laugh in the face of the Ford £1400 bill :)

Bought and fitted my own (pattern part) Worst part was refitting the heat shield, as the pattern part had slightly different angles with the supports. On my 1.6tdci the DPF and CAT are a combined unit.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club