Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Focus Climate Control

tomo2001

To all owners with 2011 Focus' with Climate Control.

Can you get yours to display MONO rather than AUTO as per the manual description ?

If I adjust the Drivers side controls both the driver and passenger temperatures adjust.

If I adjust the Passenger control, only the passenger side adjusts as expected. (Holding the AUTO button synchronises the Passenger and Drivers settings again).

However the Climate Control unit always displays AUTO, it never switches to MONO. Perhaps its just another vague insrtuction in the very vague manual ?

Thanks

Hi, does your manual say this:

To switch mono mode off:

Select a temperature for the passenger’s

side with the rotary control on the

passenger’s side. Mono mode will switch

off and MONO disappears from the

display. The temperature for the driver’s

side will remain unchanged. You can now

adjust the driver and passenger side

temperatures independently of each

another. The temperature settings for

each side are shown in the display. You

can set a temperature difference of up to

4ºC (7°F).

Note: If you set a temperature difference

of greater than 4ºC (7°F), the temperature

on the other side will be adjusted so that

the difference remains 4ºC (7°F).

Note: If you set one of the sides to HI or

LO, both sides will be set to HI or LO.

To switch mono mode back on:

To switch mono mode back on, press

and hold the AUTO button. MONO

reappears in the display and the

passenger’s side temperature will be

adjusted to the driver’s side temperature.

Chris

Chris

Says that exactly but Climate display always shows AUTO. The MONO text never appears ??

Hi, I can't try mine yet so I guess that you need to seek advice from the dealership if it isn't working the way it should....

Chris

Hi, I can't try mine yet so I guess that you need to seek advice from the dealership if it isn't working the way it should....

Chris

It appears to work ok, function wise but just doesn't display the MONO text ?

Hold you're finger on the auto button for a few seconds then mono will be displayed

Hold you're finger on the auto button for a few seconds then mono will be displayed

Not on mine !!

Ok, read manual again and again, tried climate again and again. Deffo no MONO mode.

Drove past local dealers today and he has brand new Titanium model in prep for Thursday. Asked to see the climate in operation and no MONO message on that car either. Salesman reckons it is the manual that is incorrect, and says it is not unusual as things get lost in translation etc.

Hi, true, no big deal anyway. I remember the manual for the mondeo describing the A/C in the glovebox, however it isn't fitted in my car at all. There is a clause on the front pages that says this:

"The information contained in this publication was correct at the time of going to print. In the interest of development the right is reserved to change specifications, design or equipment at any time without notice and without incurring any obligations. This publication, or part thereof, may not be reproduced nor translated without our approval. Errors and omissions excepted."

Chris

my car is only 8 weeks old and if you hold the auto button in for a few seconds mono appears on the screen and both temps are controls from the drivers knob

my car is only 8 weeks old and if you hold the auto button in for a few seconds mono appears on the screen and both temps are controls from the drivers knob

Hi oilburner

The climate operates both sides as you describe just the MONO text isn't displayed - what model Focus is yours, not that it should matter ?

Hi, nope, holding down the auto button does not result in 'mono' being displayed. Yet to test the start stop...

Chris

So the AUTO - MONO debate continues............

Hi, to me there is no need for any further debate as it is something I will not be using. Maybe in the future Ford will release a update, who knows...

Chris

Why an update, seems some owners have it and some don't yet it is the same system. Very strange ??

• 1 year later...

Just for your info my Focus Titanium registered in November 2012 does this too. Holding the Auto button allows both temperatures to be set from the drivers control, but MONO isn't displayed, even though the manual says it should

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club