Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Abs Fault Light

Gavlar67

Hi

I have a fault with my ABS light on my dash. Its an intermittent one in that it comes on after start up or later and can go out on its own. Its not affected by bumps in the road braking is fine. I've done the following:-

- cleaned dash circuit board and had LED checked (working OK and solder joint OK).

- checked the dash board using the 'trip button in and turned key to the "II" position, again all OK.

- had a diagnostic check done, no error codes appeared and the only thing to note was that "stop switch 1" was OK but nothing against "stop switch 2" wasn't found.

- Fitted new brake switch because of above, no change.

- checked fuses etc and found them OK.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My mate had this trouble with a 2007 Laguna found it to be dirt on the ABS sensor in one of the wheels a combination of carbon and oil,

may be the same thing, as he went through the same trouble shooting as yourself. also while the ABS light is active the ABS is inactive, if you get me,

braking distance will need to be greater particularly in wet or snowy conditions

Hi, I had the same problem too. Garage ordered a new sensor at £120 but when they went to fit the sensor it turned out the metal ring that the sensor sits on had cracked. Only cost £20 to fix, hope its something similarly wrong with yours for an easy fix :)

MANY THANKS LENNY & STEVEN33 !!!!!!!!!!!!

Info was a real help and gives me something else to elimiate.

Will strip and clean sensor and ring and report back when done.

Thanks again!!!!!!!

Hi

Just to let you know sorted the ABS Fault.

Did as you suggested, checked and cleaned the sensors and found them OK but for one (offside rear) which was very thick with dust between the shaft and sensor.

I also found that the pins within the connector plug for each of the sensors was coated in a white powder like residue, which I cleaned also.

When I started the car up, ABS light on for 5 seconds or so then off and stayed off, perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks again and hope this help anyone else with a similar situation.

Gavlar

Hi

Just to let you know sorted the ABS Fault.

Did as you suggested, checked and cleaned the sensors and found them OK but for one (offside rear) which was very thick with dust between the shaft and sensor.

I also found that the pins within the connector plug for each of the sensors was coated in a white powder like residue, which I cleaned also.

When I started the car up, ABS light on for 5 seconds or so then off and stayed off, perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks again and hope this help anyone else with a similar situation.

Gavlar

Happy to be of assistance Gavlar,

Hope the problem stay’s solved, and theres proof that this forum works :)