Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Should petrol stations show the amount of tax?

Steve

Should petrol stations show the amount of tax included in the price when you buy fuel?

Yes and they should also show Profits they are making , so we can just drive to the next garage , but they are all the same anyway.

I agree they should show exactly how much we're paying towards tax. Like Preee said too, what would be interesting is to see how much profit they're making from their fuel sales.

Places like Texaco which are 24 hour are more expensive, where as places like Tesco (which in my area are 24 hour) are much cheaper. I suppose this is because the supermarket chains make profit through their food sales, whereas Texaco for example don't have this luxury so charge more.

What confuses me is people filling up their car at a Texaco when down the road a little bit is Tesco and they're like 5p a litre cheaper!

We have Esso Shell and Asda by us and Shell is the most expensive and the only one that has closed down recently.

No. Personally nothing would affect the way in which i buy petrol. I've never checked a price, simply because i HAVE to buy it. There isn't that much choice in what petrol i buy, i tend to go to Tesco because it's on the way to and from work, and you can pay at pump.

For something else that you have to buy, such as food, there's plenty of choice with varying prices. With petrol, you're lucky to get 3p between petrol stations. I don't see the point in trawling through town to find a petrol station that sells petrol at £1.32 instead of £1.35.

Simply my opinion. Bring on the abuse!

No. Personally nothing would affect the way in which i buy petrol. I've never checked a price, simply because i HAVE to buy it. There isn't that much choice in what petrol i buy, i tend to go to Tesco because it's on the way to and from work, and you can pay at pump.

For something else that you have to buy, such as food, there's plenty of choice with varying prices. With petrol, you're lucky to get 3p between petrol stations. I don't see the point in trawling through town to find a petrol station that sells petrol at £1.32 instead of £1.35.

Simply my opinion. Bring on the abuse!

More money than sense that's just my opinion. :)

I think they should atleast print it on your reciept,

i personally dont shop around for my fuel i believe cheaper is not always better,

I always buy from my local Topaz Station ever since i bought the car from ford,

if the fuel price goes up i buy what i can afford and plan my driving to reflect,

but always have the piece of mind that my car is running on proper reliable fuel.

im sure the amount of tax and vat is on your receipt, i dunno i havnt really checked.

the info is quite easy to find though.

if petrol is 132.9p per litre it gets brokendown to:

tax & vat = 80.10p

refinery = 47.8p

the petrol station = 5p

i think they make more profit selling !Removed! and chocolate.

i think they make more profit selling !Removed! and chocolate.

Absolutely! For example Tesco in my area have their filling station right next to the main 24 hour superstore, and if you buy a drink for example in the filling station you end up paying more than you would in the store. I can't work this out other than they're praying on people buying a drink or whatever while they're filling their car up out of convenience.

Over here they don't make anything on cigarettes or alcohol but a Twix for example is €1.40 :o for a Twix,

id be given them 2 fingers instead for asking that price,

I agree seems to be they want you to buy something other than petrol or diesel so they can make money on you,

they even charge for issuing phone credit, €0.50cent's in some shops.

More money than sense that's just my opinion. :)

I knew i'd get something like this. I'm on £1200 a month, not exactly rolling in it matey.

I knew i'd get something like this. I'm on £1200 a month, not exactly rolling in it matey.

More than me.

I'm with Michael on this one, the day I start checking for price differences on petrol is the day I start taking the bus.

Its about £70 for a full tank in my car, if petrol was 5p dearer the price would go up by £2.50, my car isn't very economical so driving to the next petrol station would cost more in my time and using petrol in my tank so hardly a saving at all.

• Like 1

I'm with Michael on this one, the day I start checking for price differences on petrol is the day I start taking the bus.

Its about £70 for a full tank in my car, if petrol was 5p dearer the price would go up by £2.50, my car isn't very economical so driving to the next petrol station would cost more in my time and using petrol in my tank so hardly a saving at all.

I agree mostly, But If I know where petrol is a few pence cheaper and it is on route then I will use the cheaper one, but dont see the point in driving out my way to save 60p. Also I tend to go to Morrisons to collect points towards my Vouchers ;)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club