Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Could This Be Causing A Leak?

G777

post-26042-0-30647300-1316726190_thumb.jHi everyone

Please can someone tell me what the attached picture is. It's under the car directly below the passenger footwell, exactly below a patch where the footwell is soaking wet. Whatever it is could it be causing the leak, or collecting water from a seperate leak.

Apologies if this is a silly question, I'm trying to diagnose the cause as the garage haven't been able to

G777

no picture mate :(

paint it with aftershave then wash your hands and change your cloths,

if you smell the aftershave in the car then that's your leak.B)

Temporary prevention then would be to spray a load of WD-40 on it, this will cause the water to pearl and drop off rather than in,

Sorry the picture didnt load first time so I've edited the post and its there now (well I can see it)

Thanks for the advice Lenny, I'll try that, but do you know what it is before I spray it ?

G777

Sorry the picture didnt load first time so I've edited the post and its there now (well I can see it)

Thanks for the advice Lenny, I'll try that, but do you know what it is before I spray it ?

G777

Looks like some sort of grommet mate, have you also checked the pollen filter housing ?

I had the same problem on my 2010 focus, turned out the water was running from the boot under the back seat and into the rear passenger foot-well, it was getting in through the rear quarter light window, solution cost £85 with auto glass to take out and reseal although i am sure they just put sealant straight in without removing the window first, guess i will never know...however the problem now seems cured.

Its hard to say exactly where its coming from as explained by woody water will form at the lowest accessible part of the car

makes trouble shooting a nightmare.

Thanks Guys

The garage told me that it isn't the pollen filter as Ford have moved it from the previous versions of the focus? So it sounds like a leak from somewhere, I'll just have to try and find it.

Cheers

G777

• Like 1