Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Front Priv Glass Done !!

Wickwick10_1

Right chaps cars had good clean after picking it up from having priv glass on the fronts as the rears were already done ! Not gone to dark just 32% as I found it looks better personally against so dark rears ..... Thoughts ?

49593156.jpg

5591b3d3.jpg

Is 32% not illegal on the front side windows? i ask because i thought they had to allow 70% light through

Mate all are illegal on the front but I don't want to get pulled and the guy did say 32% the police won't fuss over - I believe mine let 68% light in hence the film being 32% but they are all illegal front side tints.

Mate all are illegal on the front but I don't want to get pulled and the guy did say 32% the police won't fuss over - I believe mine let 68% light in hence the film being 32% but they are all illegal front side tints.

fair enough :)

I like them though

Ain't the fronts slightly tinted anyway? They certainly are on my Focus MK2.5.

Ain't the fronts slightly tinted anyway? They certainly are on my Focus MK2.5.

They are slightly but I think they look odd against such dark rears - hence my decision to go darker.

If you used 32% tint doesnt that add together with the already tinted glass and make it darker?

Yes a little but they are hardly tinted in first place - the tint I have I am pleased with as the police won't even bother to be honest.

I agree, you may want to watch out. The police may pull you and insist you remove your tints...

My personal advice would be to take your car to the police station (yes I know it sounds mad) and ask them if they would test it for you, they could tell you immediately wether they let enough light through. If they say no - then you should go immediately back and get the company to remove / replace them with legal ones.

Thats just mho, I just think you have more of a leg to stand on with regards to complaining that "32% they wont bother over" as if they do, you face fines / points / loss of money as you have to tear it off there and then...

I agree, you may want to watch out. The police may pull you and insist you remove your tints...

My personal advice would be to take your car to the police station (yes I know it sounds mad) and ask them if they would test it for you, they could tell you immediately wether they let enough light through. If they say no - then you should go immediately back and get the company to remove / replace them with legal ones.

Thats just mho, I just think you have more of a leg to stand on with regards to complaining that "32% they wont bother over" as if they do, you face fines / points / loss of money as you have to tear it off there and then...

Mate I did say earlier they are illegal as you can not have front tinted at all , but they don't stand out for police to pull me over , I have had ever car done I owned but since law stated no tint on front I went lighter and was pulled in my last car on spot check and never mentioned windows ? Not bothering with raking it in as that's just owning up lol , I will be ok for sure , if I do get done I will let you all know but removing not an issue if it came to it .

Mate I did say earlier they are illegal as you can not have front tinted at all , but they don't stand out for police to pull me over , I have had ever car done I owned but since law stated no tint on front I went lighter and was pulled in my last car on spot check and never mentioned windows ? Not bothering with raking it in as that's just owning up lol , I will be ok for sure , if I do get done I will let you all know but removing not an issue if it came to it .

Tints on the front are NOT illegal if they allow a certain amount of light through, which you know, so I don't know why you keep on saying tints on the front are illegal.

I think you are being pretty foolish. You have a brand new car which already have slightly tinted front windows and you are tinting them even more making them illegal. You say they allow 32% light through. Was that tested after the tints were on the car or was that just the tints you got that allow 32% light through which means it's a higher figure when on the car?

Lets not forget, you won't be declaring this to your insurance company because they are illegal. So not only could you be fined by the Police, you could also find yourself not being insured if you ever have a crash and the insurance company decide to investigate what happened and they find ypou have illegal front tints. So all because of 2-5% of darkness, you are willing to risk at worse, a wrote of car with no insurance to cover you, what happens if you seriously injure someone?

• Like 1

Tints on the front are NOT illegal if they allow a certain amount of light through, which you know, so I don't know why you keep on saying tints on the front are illegal.

I think you are being pretty foolish. You have a brand new car which already have slightly tinted front windows and you are tinting them even more making them illegal. You say they allow 32% light through. Was that tested after the tints were on the car or was that just the tints you got that allow 32% light through which means it's a higher figure when on the car?

Lets not forget, you won't be declaring this to your insurance company because they are illegal. So not only could you be fined by the Police, you could also find yourself not being insured if you ever have a crash and the insurance company decide to investigate what happened and they find ypou have illegal front tints. So all because of 2-5% of darkness, you are willing to risk at worse, a wrote of car with no insurance to cover you, what happens if you seriously injure someone?

Let's just state 2yrs ago I had accident £5000 worth of damage not my fault and i had tinted windows which one was smashed and the insurance paid - front tints are illegal as the transparency is greater than allowed on all tints so I know this , I am not foolish just like my car to look good ! Chaps I would not mind if they were really dark but they are not and it's my car and my decision , I don't see what it being a new car matters either ? I only expected feedback of if it looked good or not ? I did not expect personal comments such as foolish ? If you are going to comment on my personal choice and reasoning then don't bother as it's my motor and do what I like and some people take it to the extreme ! End of rant ;-)

Let's just state 2yrs ago I had accident £5000 worth of damage not my fault and i had tinted windows which one was smashed and the insurance paid - front tints are illegal as the transparency is greater than allowed on all tints so I know this , I am not foolish just like my car to look good ! Chaps I would not mind if they were really dark but they are not and it's my car and my decision , I don't see what it being a new car matters either ? I only expected feedback of if it looked good or not ? I did not expect personal comments such as foolish ? If you are going to comment on my personal choice and reasoning then don't bother as it's my motor and do what I like and some people take it to the extreme ! End of rant ;-)

Being lucky does not mean you will always be lucky. What would you have done if they did not insure you, would you have your brand new Focus now? Front tints are NOT illegal as already stated as my car from factory has a slight tint on the front side windows. I'm sorry, but you are driving on public roads with illegal front tints. Which as pointed out can and does invalidate your insurance. I'm not bothered if you crash your car, it's the damage that can be caused to others that bothers me, all because of 2-5% of light. You are foolish. I never really said it mattered it was a new car. But there is a difference between a £500 old Corsa and a 15+ grand brand new car, especially when driving with illegal tints which invalidate your insurance. Do what you like? How about I do what I like and report you to the Police for having illegal tints on your car? I might be extreme. But there are to many idiots on the roads today and I'm sorry, you are one of them.

Being lucky does not mean you will always be lucky. What would you have done if they did not insure you, would you have your brand new Focus now? Front tints are NOT illegal as already stated as my car from factory has a slight tint on the front side windows. I'm sorry, but you are driving on public roads with illegal front tints. Which as pointed out can and does invalidate your insurance. I'm not bothered if you crash your car, it's the damage that can be caused to others that bothers me, all because of 2-5% of light. You are foolish. I never really said it mattered it was a new car. But there is a difference between a £500 old Corsa and a 15+ grand brand new car, especially when driving with illegal tints which invalidate your insurance. Do what you like? How about I do what I like and report you to the Police for having illegal tints on your car? I might be extreme. But there are to many idiots on the roads today and I'm sorry, you are one of them.

Your very boring - as said it's my car and I do as I like , report me snitch but they are tints , get over it , you must have one sad life to be worried about my windows ?

Everyone else thanks for your comments on the car positive and negative but cyber grasses bug me and should worry about other things.

Edited by DanGull
That kind of language is not allowed on FOC, please don't use it.

Your very boring - as said it's my car and I do as I like , report me snitch but they are tints , get over it , you must have one sad life to be worried about my windows ?

Everyone else thanks for your comments on the car positive and negative but cyber grasses bug me and should worry about other things the pricks - excuse my language.

No, I'm a realist. There is a difference. I couldn't give a crap if you were downloading or uploading music illegaly. Neither do I care about your windows as such. What I care about is the other people that have to travel on the same tarmac as you while you are 'uninsured'. I'm sorry you don't like this, but what you are doing is illegal and invalidates your insurance. Have a serious crash one day and not only might you have a brand new wrote off car but someone in hospital seriously injured or dead. Then what will you do if your insurance won't pay out? I'd rather be a snitch than driving around illegaly with no insurance. I don't think you grasp at how this silly tinting can turn out to be so serious. Why do 'cyber grasses' bug you? Because it stops you having fun and flouting a law?

No, I'm a realist. There is a difference. I couldn't give a crap if you were downloading or uploading music illegaly. Neither do I care about your windows as such. What I care about is the other people that have to travel on the same tarmac as you while you are 'uninsured'. I'm sorry you don't like this, but what you are doing is illegal and invalidates your insurance. Have a serious crash one day and not only might you have a brand new wrote off car but someone in hospital seriously injured or dead. Then what will you do if your insurance won't pay out? I'd rather be a snitch than driving around illegaly with no insurance. I don't think you grasp at how this silly tinting can turn out to be so serious. Why do 'cyber grasses' bug you? Because it stops you having fun and flouting a law?

Get your self a life and worry about things that concern you as you are not any more interesting than you were on your first post and yes if you go around grassing to police then you really are as sad as your boring posts - now move on and bore someone else as I am sure there may be an illegal exhaust on here somewhere or someone else with illegal windows ! Have fun looking sure you get excited over being a grass ? Don't reply as can't see you being any more interesting and boring others not only me - if you are that upset feel free to inbox me or they have meets regular and you can bring your detective kit and check my window transparency :-)

Get your self a life and worry about things that concern you as you are not any more interesting than you were on your first post and yes if you go around grassing to police then you really are as sad as your boring posts - now move on and bore someone else as I am sure there may be an illegal exhaust on here somewhere or someone else with illegal windows ! Have fun looking sure you get excited over being a grass ? Don't reply as can't see you being any more interesting and boring others not only me - if you are that upset feel free to inbox me or they have meets regular and you can bring your detective kit and check my window transparency :-)

If I drive near Birmingham or you drive up here, then it does concern me doesn't it, because as unlikely as it is, you could crash into me. You can say what you want, doesn't get away from the fact you are basically driving about with no insurance. If you can live with that fine, but think of other people, not just yourself.

If I drive near Birmingham or you drive up here, then it does concern me doesn't it, because as unlikely as it is, you could crash into me. You can say what you want, doesn't get away from the fact you are basically driving about with no insurance. If you can live with that fine, but think of other people, not just yourself.

Just humouring you now as you are really hung up on my windows - don't worry I have LED's too as side lights !! Oh no something else to grass me up over !

Here it is again just for you.......

f95a7a8a.jpg

Nothing wrong with them .......

Bottom line mate,

I think your car looks great with the windows tinted the way you have them now,

carrys the smooth flow of the car alot better than before, B)

Just humouring you now as you are really hung up on my windows - don't worry I have LED's too as side lights !! Oh no something else to grass me up over !

Here it is again just for you.......

f95a7a8a.jpg

Nothing wrong with them .......

As already stated, I'm not actually that bothered about the windows, more the fact people have to share a road with an uninsured driver. The fact you think that's pretty funny says more about you than it does me to be totally honest.

• Like 1

As already stated, I'm not actually that bothered about the windows, more the fact people have to share a road with an uninsured driver. The fact you think that's pretty funny says more about you than it does me to be totally honest.

But I am insured thanks and I find your concern funny - your the only one stressing on this site ? :-)

• Like 1

But I am insured thanks and I find your concern funny - your the only one stressing on this site ? :-)

Your actually not insured. You have broke the T&C's and agreement of your insurance company. Just because you pay monthly or have paid it all off is neither here nor there. You are breaking the law and thus have invalidated insurance. The fact your insurance company down't know this yet is also irrelevant. I might be the only one 'stressing' but I want idiots like you off the road.

• Like 1

Your actually not insured. You have broke the T&C's and agreement of your insurance company. Just because you pay monthly or have paid it all off is neither here nor there. You are breaking the law and thus have invalidated insurance. The fact your insurance company down't know this yet is also irrelvant. I might be the only one 'stressing' but I want idiots like you off the road.

Your the idiot get over it ! I am insured and I appreciate your concern - but your just a nobody so come on and shuffle on - you do make an amusing read tho !

• Like 1

Chaps I do apologise if my privacy glass has offended you as it has offended "Shawty" ;-)

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club