Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stereo Not Working, Please Help!!! :)

Katie Pollard

Hello. I have a Ford Mondeo (2008) and the stereo is not working properly. It is the 6000CD model. The display keeps saying 'PHONE' and there no other buttons work when its like that except the volume (not even the on/off button). However, every now and again the radio/CD will start working again, whether its for a few seconds or a few minutes. It just jumps backwards and forwards to 'PHONE' and the radio. Its driving me nuts! took it into Ford and he said he'd never come across this problem before and I should but a new head unit (£180 + labour). I really don't want to spend that much money in case its not the problem. Can anyone please help me??

• 2 weeks later...

Hello. I have a Ford Mondeo (2008) and the stereo is not working properly. It is the 6000CD model. The display keeps saying 'PHONE' and there no other buttons work when its like that except the volume (not even the on/off button). However, every now and again the radio/CD will start working again, whether its for a few seconds or a few minutes. It just jumps backwards and forwards to 'PHONE' and the radio. Its driving me nuts! took it into Ford and he said he'd never come across this problem before and I should but a new head unit (£180 + labour). I really don't want to spend that much money in case its not the problem. Can anyone please help me??

Hi, Does your vehicle have bluetooth ??, if its got bluetooth then it could be a fault on the bluetooth module but i would suspect that it is a internal fault on the radio its self.

If you have the Key code i would Un-plug the radio for a few minutes allow it to reset , it might clear the fault

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Firstly: Unfortunately as this is over a month old I'm assuming you have made a decision one way or the other...

Secondly: I still have no good news, this is happening to me, EXACT same problem, EXACT same response "never heard of this problem"... yeh... my hairy ACE!

Anyway, (First things first) as I have a V serial number which I have been told requires a trip to the dealers to get a security code (oh joy!) I refrained from disconnecting the stereo, although I did take off the fascia and unscrew the whole lot and pull it out to see if anything was visible... much to my disappointment there was nothing to be seen really... So anyway, I decided I'd take a trip to the dealers (with the unit unscrewed...), they told me all that lot up there... so I left feeling bitter... decided id screw the unit back in anyway whilst I contemplate my next move... then about 5 mins into the 20 min journey back i for some reason stuck the radio on... lo and behold it is not being a pain...

So really... Im currently avoiding any sudden movements, like breathing in the radios general direction, or sneezing.. and so far it seems to be behaving.. I can only assume it was a loose wire which is nicely housed again...

But of course I'll come here and gripe when it starts up again.

Ok, basically ignore EVERYTHING I said above... my radio is !Removed! me around again! sigh!

Sometimes the micro switches on the circuit board can stick or become a bit tricky.

You can remove the fascia to have a look but involves removing the radio and undoing various torx and clips.

There are 4 torx on the radio - 2 on each side and various clipping points on the fascia and circuit board then a ribbon connecting the board to the main radio body, i'd recommend not unplugging that as it may not sit back together tightly enough on reassembly, (there is just enough lengh to manipulate the board though).

I removed the fascia on my radio to change it from grey to silver purely as an aesthetic thing and can tell you that all the switches are tiny and are covered with rubber pads which are pushed by the buttons.

A strip down and clean with a circuit board degreaser may help - or a light sillicone spray.

You may be very lucky and it's just a rubber pad that's shifted slightly and is making a constant pressure on the button, (push all the buttons in turn and see if you notice a slight difference in resistance to the pressure)

Either that or file it in the bin and get a replacement.

• 9 years later...

I have a ford mondeo04 plate 2005 the stereo is saying security locked can it be fixed and is it costly