Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How To Turn Up The Fuel Flow On A Focus Mk1 Tdci

kingliam

hi can any one help i want to turn up the fuel flow on my mk1 tdci focus any ideas will be a great help thanks

hi can any one help i want to turn up the fuel flow on my mk1 tdci focus any ideas will be a great help thanks

Can we ask why??

Is it for performance gains??

hi its a yes and no when i do motorway miles the trip says i am doin 67 to 72 mpg ford said it may need the fuel turned up because it may be lacking power and yes to the performance gains

first thing i would do would be to get your car on a rolling road, the operator will be able to tell you if things like that are wrong... you will also see if you are lacking power.

with the TDCi i'm pretty sure any fuelling changes will need to be done at the ECU. It seems a little odd to me that ford have told you to turn the fuel up...

what symptoms have you got, it may be another issue.

I'm guessing you have the 1.8 100 or 115 TDCi engine..

• Like 2

i would never rely on the trip computer to tell you how many mpg you are getting. have you tried calculating your mpg by filling the tank, doing a few miles and then refilling?

• Like 2

i would never rely on the trip computer to tell you how many mpg you are getting. have you tried calculating your mpg by filling the tank, doing a few miles and then refilling?

I find if i do 50mpg on the trip computer... calculating it on a full tank, i am actually getting 47-48ish... not far out, but makes a difference

• Like 1

on the tdci all the fueling is done through the ecu after reading all the various sensors, the only way to alter this is by remapping the ecu or a tuning box.

• Like 1

on the tdci all the fueling is done through the ecu after reading all the various sensors, the only way to alter this is by remapping the ecu or a tuning box.

Agreed.. but would this actually fix the issue?? I cant see why ford would say "turn the fuelling up"... so they are actually condoning remapping of their ECU's?? Most manufacturers have been fighting to get remmaping banned, trying the whole "the software is ours, and your altering it illegally" argument!

Silly i know!!

Anyway, id be first looking at fuel blockages, damaged fuel lines etc, before storming into a remap!

hi i have looked a bit deeper it is doing about 55 to 60 mpg on the m25 today i have changed the fuel filter . when i phoned up ford the man said the fuel may need turnin up the engine is the 1.8 115bhp its done 83000 i have put on about 4000 miles in about 6 weeks i have been told it may be the intercooler blocked thanks

If i'm being honest, i know many 1.8tdci owners that would love that MPG! its known to be a bit of a drinker when it comes to economy lol!

yeah or could be a boost leak maybe...

yer i cant fault the eco of it and we found out to day that the intercooler top were the air comes in was blocked with leaves and crap and the intercooler hose was lose its a lot better now thanks all for your help

• 3 years later...

Hi I have a 2000 ford focus 1.8 tddi and I want to turn the fule flow up how do I do it do I have to take the diesel pump off to get to the screw any ideas

Hi I have a 2000 ford focus 1.8 tddi and I want to turn the fule flow up how do I do it do I have to take the diesel pump off to get to the screw any ideas

Fuel won't be a fixed rate... It varies with the demand from the engine. It's not a carb engine either so you cant physically mess with the mixture.

"Turning the fuel up" will do nothing. Fuel needs air to combust. It needs a spark to combust (petrol engine). It needs several perfect conditions to combust. Chances are you'll make the engine run like rubbish & throw out smoke like I don't know what

By "turning the fuel up" you're adjusting one variable and indirectly adjusting the other variables in an unknown Way

Get it remapped by a PROFESSIONAL.

Either a rolling road, custom map or a bluefin or equivalent

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club