Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Security Query

salsheikh

Guys,

what security does the car come with? Is it thatcham cat 2 or worse? I need to find out as my insurer needs a declaration from me showing it has a cat 2 alarm on it. i'm expecting this is standard on the focus?

No idea - just tell them its factory fit mate and be done with it.

What model do you own?

Your insurance company should be happy with you telling them you have factory standard.

If you have a non factory alarm and they say you need to pay for someone to verify it it's better to just forget that as I guarantee a check will cost £100 us and the savings on your policy will be about £5 per year.

I had this situation with M&S about 5 years ago.

All focus range has at least PATS 2 immobiliser.

Mk2 / 2.5 have fitted alarm too.

What model do you own?

Your insurance company should be happy with you telling them you have factory standard.

If you have a non factory alarm and they say you need to pay for someone to verify it it's better to just forget that as I guarantee a check will cost £100 us and the savings on your policy will be about £5 per year.

I had this situation with M&S about 5 years ago.

All focus range has at least PATS 2 immobiliser.

Mk2 / 2.5 have fitted alarm too.

mines is the tdci style 08 model. factory fitted security. they just need confirmation that its a cat 2. will have to pop into Ford to see what they advise.

Ive never had an insurer ask what Cat it is. My 09 model Style only had the factory imobiliser and no alarm. My Sport has both. I would have though the insurer would know from their database.

Ive never had an insurer ask what Cat it is. My 09 model Style only had the factory imobiliser and no alarm. My Sport has both. I would have though the insurer would know from their database.

Agreed' I have only ever been asked - "do you have an alarm" - Y/N - "factory fitted" - Y/N...

Thanks

Easiest way to see if you have a fitted alarm is to open the bonnet without unlocking the car.

If one is fitted then it will go off.

To silence the alarm just use the remote unlock.

^^exactly just what ive done!!^^

Also, you will have a button on the drivers door that turns off the interior sensors...

^^exactly just what ive done!!^^

Also, you will have a button on the drivers door that turns off the interior sensors...

I definately dont have a button for that.

Expect just the top models have the interia sensors, but all of them should have the alarm/imobiliser anyhow.

As said before just tell them its factory fit. Really can't see that even a aftermarket Cat 1 system would make much of a difference to insurance either nowaday - considering car theft is now break into house and nick keys as the motors are too secure nowadays.

^^Been There^^ Not nice coming downstairs to find your car keys, laptop and wallet missing... also the car gone from outside the house!

^^Been There^^ Not nice coming downstairs to find your car keys, laptop and wallet missing... also the car gone from outside the house!

Can't imagine what that would feel like!!! Suppose they made it even worse by leaving you with the wife!!! (barstewards!!) :P

HAHA!! if i had a wife i guess it would be different lol!!

Luckily (if you look at it like that) i had taken my car keys upstairs, it was my dads car that went... still felt awful tho!

We got away fairly lightly and he got the car back after a week... The possesions didnt matter, insuarnce paid up, its just the feeling that some theiving scum have been in your house...

As far as i am aware mine is a cat 1 , 2010 Focus Titanium according to my handbook

Looks like this...

ford-focus-rs_38.jpg

No I havent got that. Mine cant have the sensors. There is a little grill in the overhead intrior light unit but thats probably the microphone for the Comms Pack.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club