Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lights On Warning Beep Help!!

KayElleDee

I have recently bought a 1999 Ford Ka

Its in fantastic condition but the only problem i am having with it is that as soon as it comes time for me to turn my headlights on the lights on warning beep that you hear when the car door is open to tell you the headlights are on, starts to sound and does not stop until i turn the lights off again!

This has only just started and the only way i had found to make the buzz stop, and it was completely by accident, was to fiddle with the incar light and turn it on and off a couple times, but now even that has stopped making the noise stop.

I was wondering if anyone has any idea what this could be?

My boyfriend has checked the car over for me and cant find and problems. no faulty wiring, the door sensors are working too.

flicking through my manual i found the fuses and relays section and noticed the lights on warning was on a relay by itself and wondering if i removed this would it only stop the noise or would it cause other things to stop working too?

Thank you in advance

the buzzer will sound if it thinks a door is not shut, this is done by detecting the interior light circuit, which links into the alarm stopping when you fiddled about with the interior light,i would say there is a fault in the wiring from the relay to the interior light circuit.

• 8 years later...

On my 2008 Ford KA I get a single beep about every five minutes. I just had the vehicle tuned up after the engine light came on. The single beep reoccurs if I'm driving or not. Nothing on my dash lights up, but that could be because a bulb is burned out. Anyone every had this issue. I'm pretty sure this is some kind of alarm or warning.

e6895c51b85ee9eb498f32cbaf7f0483.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club