Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stereo Help - One Hour Mode

sarjoruss

I recently went to view a 2010 Fiesta tdci zetec. When I was checking the car over I pushed the on button of the stereo, the lights came on but then the display said Ford One Hour Mode but it wouldnt switch on nor would anyof the functions work except for the settings which I could access to re-set the time. The owner said that an interior light had been left on and the battery had flattened which had caused this mode. It meant that I could not test the stereo.

Has anyone come across this before? I am aware of the one hour mode if you switch the stereo on without the ignition on but not this??

All functionality would be disabled due to the fact it had no battery mate.

Once the battery is fully juiced again it should be fine.

All functionality would be disabled due to the fact it had no battery mate.

Once the battery is fully juiced again it should be fine.

If thats all it is thats ok then. Thanks for your reply.

The bluetooth hasnt been seen working obviously but I get the impression it doesnt work. After reading lots on here, could it be something as simple as needing a software upgrade or what else could be wrong with it?

• 2 years later...

Hi there, I've got a 2009 Zetec S TDCI, my stereo was fine, until the battery went flat, then when the car was fully charged it came up with one hour mode, the stereo lights up but none of the functions work, I see above it states to fully charge the battery and give the bluetooth an update, mine doesn't have bluetooth, do you have any ideas why it won't work, thanks

Sounds like a problem with the ignition live feed.

May be a good idea to check your fuses.

There's a link to your fuse layout under my posts when viewed on a PC.

Hi there, I've got a 2009 Zetec S TDCI, my stereo was fine, until the battery went flat, then when the car was fully charged it came up with one hour mode, the stereo lights up but none of the functions work, I see above it states to fully charge the battery and give the Bluetooth an update, mine doesn't have Bluetooth, do you have any ideas why it won't work, thanks

Thanks for your reply, we have checked the fuses etc, but will get my partner to check again, thanks anyway.

• 9 years later...

Hi: I found a U-tube video which told of water finding its way from the washer pump to the body control module of the Mk4 Mondeo. That resulted in all manner of electrical problems. Ford would probably want you to replace the BCM at a greater cost than the value of the car. There are plenty of used units available on eBay. My local dealer wanted to replace the stereo unit which would cost in excess of £1,500 and that wouldn't have changed anything. I gather this problem is very common so Ford must know all about it. Still, why bother about old Mondeos?

• Sad 1

On 5/26/2023 at 12:07 PM, Robert Oxford said:

why bother about old Mondeos?

Why bother with a 9 year old dead post ?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club