Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Heater In 02 Fiesta

roserat

I would really appreciate it if anyone can help me with this.

I freeze in winter because the heater blows cold or sometimes luke warm. It seems fairly random. It will be blowing cold for 10 minutes, then luke warm for a bit, then cold again. Sometimes, it blows warmer when the engine is revving but not always. Even when it does, it usually blows cold again. It never stays luke warm for more than a few minutes, then it's cold again. It managed 'hot' once but it didn't last long.

I am so frustrated by this. It's a great little car except for this problem and every winter I freeze until summer. But I can't afford to get another car and I kind of like the car I have....it's a good runner just a rubbish heater.

The garage has tried to fix it three times. He has flushed out the system and tried everything, he says. The heater seems better immediately after but then soon goes back to cold, luke warm (if you are lucky) cold....cold ...cold... luke warm...cold.

It has got to the point where I take the car back to the garage and say, it's the heater and he cringes.....

don't know what to do. I am hoping someone on this forum has experience with older Ford cars and could help.

Thank you

Hi,

Could be the heater matrix.

Get a garage to test it. :)

Its most likely your heater control valve is stuck. Its the most common heating problem with Fords and costs about £40 for the part from a main dealer. You can get pattern ones from eBay for much less but they prove to be unreliable.

They are easy to replace yourself as well.

Its most likely your heater control valve is stuck. Its the most common heating problem with Fords and costs about £40 for the part from a main dealer. You can get pattern ones from eBay for much less but they prove to be unreliable.

They are easy to replace yourself as well.

and i would guess the new genuine parts have been revised at some point to make them more reliable?

Thank you everyone for the suggestions. I am taking the beast to the garage next week so fingers crossed (if I still have any fingers that is.. serious frostbite driving to work at 6.30am) :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club