Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Starting Delay On 54 Diesel Galaxy

DESPERATE_STU

Help please as new to this site. Just got a cracking 54 plate galaxy but had an irritating starting issue. Once glow plugs out, i turn the key and fires, then as though power all gone and if hold key for a couple of seconds starts no probs. Thought due to time of year battery so got new one but no difference. Any ideas? Worried the wife and kids will get caught out one morning !

• 1 month later...

Could be a glow plug issue then.

Best bet would be to get it plugged into VAG com diagnostic software to read the fault codes.

Could be a glow plug issue then.

Best bet would be to get it plugged into VAG com diagnostic software to read the fault codes.

VAGCOM?? For a Ford??

Don't you mean IDS?

I didn't know that...

I'm guessing it's the same engine as in the VW sharan and the Seat Alhambra (or whatever it's called) as its the same shape then...

yep they were all made(iirc)in portugal.

the ford galaxy tdi is about 95% vw.obviously the badges,clock(mk 2)and wiring are specific.

thats why fords no sod all about them.and also charge an arm and leg for parts they dont make,but buy from vw.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club