Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Ll 2.0 Tdci Power Loss

Focus tdci si

Hi guys, need help here. My 2006 focus 2.0 tdci si just switched off in traffic one day & would not start after that. Towed the car to a workshop that repairs turbos to replace my manifold gasket as it was leaking (according to Ford). They replaced the gasket, then towed the car to Ford to have it started. The car car then kick started on the way to Ford & has been starting ever since.

Now i have another problem, the car drove to Ford with no power at all. I'm talking about struggling to reach 40, then Ford found one of the thin booster pipes was not attached but that never fixed the problem. I have a cut in the boost pipe leading from the intercooler to the egr & my pipe from the filter box to the turbo has a cut in it.

Could this be the problem to the massive power loss? The car was driving fine prior to it stalling, i still had the cut in the boost pipe which was taped up but the car was driving with no visible smoke & slight power loss after 2500rpm.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

I'd replace any worn or damaged pipes and work from there.

They certainly won't be helping at all.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club