Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Battery Light, Abs Light Radio Turns Off And Car Wont Start

RichJones

Good morning

I brought a 56 plate Ford Focus Titanium with 40k on the clock. Real nice car to drive had it a week and something strange started to happen

Now after dropping the other half off at work the battery light came on and shortly after the ABS light came on. Now this model has the Auto Lights and they came on to. But if I turned off the lights the ABS light went off.

Now that all well and good but it was dark so the lights had to stay on. The car rolled to a stop and would start so I left it for 10 mins and managed to get it starting again. But about 5 mins later it all happened again but the Radio turned it self off and on this time

Now got it home and a mate brought around a jump pack. The car wouldn't start again so we hooked the jump pack and it started straight away.

Phoned the dealer and he said he put in a new battery before I picked it up.

Any idea's what this could be

Thanks

Richard

Edit - My other half did say she heard a strange ticking/whining noise when standing still

Had a similar problem with a neighbours Renault, the cure was to disconnect the battery so the ECU could reset over a couple of hours, recharge the battery and reset the radio code, then after about 10 miles of driving the The ECU set itself up and all worked normally; hope this helps.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club