Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Ka (2000) - 12V Power Socket Always On?

Alex Ward

Hi there - I'm new here but have had my year 2000 Ford KA for just over a year now and am very happy with it for a student car.

I've got a small issue - the 12v power socket (where the cigarette lighter is) is always on - even when the ignition is off. I run an inverter in my car from time to time to charge my laptop on the go, but if I ever forget to turn it off when I leave the car it'll drain my battery in no time.

Is there any way to change it so it turns off when the ignition is in mode 0 (or the key is removed)? From reading online, it looks like Mondeo owners can alter the fuse configuration to make the 12v socket switched, but I'm not sure if this applies to Ka too.

Anybody got any ideas?

Many thanks all!

Alex

Not sure mate, but just want to say ka's are great looking cars. How are they to drive, considering getting one. Got any pics of yours?

yeh the ford ka is a really nice car, if you cant afford anything else. Would also like to see pics!!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club