Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fog's Housing And Chrome Lip..yes Or No?

Paddy H

Just checked up on my DRL i ordered and they should be here within the next 5 days, Excited.

However after looking at other modded Focus's and ST's, and RS's now I'm in the predicament of spraying the fog housing the same colour as my car? Its blue and id probably leave it if my car was white because white and black go well.

What do you think? Also the chrome lip I'm very tempted to spray this too.

I understand some of you have different styling tastes and methods but I'm after a clean sporty look as my Zetec already looks nice from the back.

Any tips/directions or advice on how to make the lights a little more sporty? not so standard and dull?

Will be uploading pictures soon enough i always say it but theres no point yet as iv only added overlays... <_<

Cheers.

Just checked up on my DRL i ordered and they should be here within the next 5 days, Excited.

However after looking at other modded Focus's and ST's, and RS's now I'm in the predicament of spraying the fog housing the same colour as my car? Its blue and id probably leave it if my car was white because white and black go well.

What do you think? Also the chrome lip I'm very tempted to spray this too.

I understand some of you have different styling tastes and methods but I'm after a clean sporty look as my Zetec already looks nice from the back.

Any tips/directions or advice on how to make the lights a little more sporty? not so standard and dull?

Will be uploading pictures soon enough i always say it but theres no point yet as iv only added overlays... <_<

Cheers.

Hi mate,

Colour coded fog light surrounds would look good but i would spray the bonnet lip gloss black and also do the grills gloss black while you’re at it,

This will make the upper grill look bigger because the lip will be the same colour as the grill. but i would keep the chrome rings on the fog light surrounds untouched, the clip out from the surround so they will be easy to pop out for spraying and pop back in again.

As for the rear,

You could see my guide in the list of guides below,

The guide on fitting an additional reverse light and a clear fog light unit would help make things 99% geometrical on the rear of the car and the Cree q5 reverse bulbs help make it sportier looking along with some silvatec indicator bulbs on the rear and the wing mirrors.

I already have the bulbs in my eBay basket ready for payday, Aswell as my windows tinted booked in.

Spraying the chrome lip black is not a bad idea i did see this..

http://www.ebay.co.u...9#ht_2565wt_741

Its just covered in 3M carbon wrap and wondered if i should follow suit or just go pure gloss black?

I will definitely be spraying the grills gloss black I'm not a fan of the standard grey colour and i don't like it much. i do like the ST honeycomb effect grill, would a straight swap fit?

As for the rear, apart from the bulbs i think il leave that just for now, I'm looking at spending a good £300 next month on this so i need take it easy.

With reference to lights, what about front lights? is there anything at all i can do to give them a touch of style?

Cheers for advice, cars gonna slowly come on, with pictures.

Right guys took some pics my car will show after but regards to lip i just rushed this on Photoshop, i couldn't find my mouse so used touch pad. Would you believe I'm a bit of a pro in photoshop? haha.

Original chrome lip..

http://postimage.org/image/5t5gt5vzl/

Black front lip...

http://postimage.org/image/5w8cyg49b/

Blue front lip...

http://postimage.org/image/nyyykit8b/

Edited by Paddy H

I already have the bulbs in my ebay basket ready for payday, Aswell as my windows tinted booked in.

Spraying the chrome lip black is not a bad idea i did see this..

http://www.ebay.co.u...9#ht_2565wt_741

Its just covered in 3M carbon wrap and wondered if i should follow suit or just go pure gloss black?

I will definitely be spraying the grills gloss black I'm not a fan of the standard grey colour and i don't like it much. i do like the ST honeycomb effect grill, would a straight swap fit?

As for the rear, apart from the bulbs i think il leave that just for now, I'm looking at spending a good £300 next month on this so i need take it easy.

With reference to lights, what about front lights? is there anything at all i can do to give them a touch of style?

Cheers for advice, cars gonna slowly come on, with pictures.

The St Upper front grill is a straight swap mate,

and if you manage to get the existing Zetec s grill off in one piece they retail for around £30 on the second hand market lol, i know because i bought one recently on eBay,

I’ve saw the carbon bonnet strip before mate, but for £100 id sooner remove and wrap my own one and since your car is black then gloss black 3m carbon wrap would look good, TDCIST has done a guide on the front bonnet lip removal and painting or wrapping,

and you may also be interested in getting the grills hydro dipped in carbon then sprayed with a clear gloss lacquer to protect them from chips, Check out hydro dipping on you tube, there are many places in the uk that perform this type of work, but I’m not sure what the cost would be as its relatively new technology.

regarding the front lights,

ive fitted some cree H11 bulbs to the fog light units they are 6000k white and look just like HID's but their not very bright light although they look the business for cruising the streets and match the drl's lovely,

but to compensate the low light from the fogs i have fitted H1 and H7 Osram Night Breaker Plus bulbs to the high & Low beam headligt fitments, but to keep in tone with the 6000k on the fogs & Drl's ive fitted some 5 smd canbus 6000k w5w parking bulbs,

its very easy to spend money like that mate, but atleast when you buy from eBay your getting value for money and helping out the fellow down the street make a few quid too.

Right guys took some pics my car will show after but regards to lip i just rushed this on Photoshop, i couldn't find my mouse so used touch pad. Would you believe I'm a bit of a pro in photoshop? haha.

Original chrome lip..

orig.jpg

Black front lip...

black.jpg

Blue front lip...

bluelip.jpg

Personally i think the black lip looks better mate, but its your car

I will look into getting a grill from an ST thanks for information, Did i say my car was black? ha its blue pal hence why i want opinions, if it was black my life would be 10x easier with mods and methods but because its blue (image above your comment) its hard.

I whipped up some examples in Photoshop just then, i know they're not the best and don't really compensate for how it will actually look but i think with the black or even carbon effect lip itl look like theres something missing almost, i do like the idea of the top grill looking bigger but its the over hang on the sides of the grill that let it down. In the pictures you will see. But then again it looks better with a larger dark area... Grrr

I wouldn't of purchased the already wrapped one i was just suggesting would i go black or would carbon wrap look better.

Im still in doubts I'm unsure, i will definitely look into getting an st honeycomb grille replace.

As for the lights thats a great suggestion i knew about the cree and knew they wernt very bright but with what you said you've balanced it out well. Il get to the lights as a oner.

I don't mind spending money, love mk2.5 focus and what ever i spend on mine is worth it really.

I think il go away and paint it black, il check out TDCI's guide swell. Again cheers pal.

I will look into getting a grill from an ST thanks for information, Did i say my car was black? ha its blue pal hence why i want opinions, if it was black my life would be 10x easier with mods and methods but because its blue (image above your comment) its hard.

I whipped up some examples in Photoshop just then, i know they're not the best and don't really compensate for how it will actually look but i think with the black or even carbon effect lip itl look like theres something missing almost, i do like the idea of the top grill looking bigger but its the over hang on the sides of the grill that let it down. In the pictures you will see. But then again it looks better with a larger dark area... Grrr

I wouldn't of purchased the already wrapped one i was just suggesting would i go black or would carbon wrap look better.

Im still in doubts I'm unsure, i will definitely look into getting an st honeycomb grille replace.

As for the lights thats a great suggestion i knew about the cree and knew they wernt very bright but with what you said you've balanced it out well. Il get to the lights as a oner.

I don't mind spending money, love mk2.5 focus and what ever i spend on mine is worth it really.

I think il go away and paint it black, il check out TDCI's guide swell. Again cheers pal.

no probs mate, i like that colour of blue though and it is also available in the RS or similar tint of blue anyways.

and i assumed it was black by looking at your avator pic, here are some images of the cree H11 in daylight and darkness

Image1655.jpg

Image1657.jpg

Image1699_1.jpgImage1460.jpg

I took the pictures with my iPhone it likes to retouch the whole brightness and stuff a little when i transfer them onto my Mac.

The reverse bulbs look spot on, definitely gonna have get them. The DRL look sweet too.

Its definitely work the spend isn't it, for everyday driving and that it looks great. Cree q5 are in my basket.

I took the pictures with my iPhone it likes to retouch the whole brightness and stuff a little when i transfer them onto my Mac.

The reverse bulbs look spot on, definitely gonna have get them. The DRL look sweet too.

Its definitely worth the spend isn't it, for everyday driving and that it looks great. Cree q5 are in my basket.

yes i reckon its worth every cent or penny but it is addictive, although i don’t drink, smoke, play golf or do anything else to be honest lol my phone is a nokia 6303 classic, i prefer to spend the cash on the car or something for it and it has taken me almost a year to get the body kit fitted, and now im on to the front grills and light brows,

followed by a Bastuk oval tipped duplex exhaust to go with the Zetec s rear diffuser, but it may be January before we see that peeping out of the rear lol the list is endless but for every day driving its fantastic and the appearance of the Zetec s is like a good wine it gets better with age, even if I’ve had a bad day at work, the drive home always puts a smile back on my face.

And the little modifications pass the time at the weekends and keep my mind occupied during the week. But I’ve lost track at the amount of times it has caused me to overspend and gotten me in to trouble. i just need to remember Rome wasn’t built in a day and take some time to appreciate what has been done so far.

Hi Guys,

Personally I think the upper lip looks best the same colour as the car. I want to do this to mine too at some point, along with the ST honeycomb upper grille. With your blue colour I think the colour coded fog surrounds would look nice, and I agree with Lenny on keeping the chrome round bits :) On my white focus I might spray the fog surrounds gloss black as the plastic looks a bit cheap :S

Like Lenny, I think spending money on the car is much better than any bad habits but is just as addictive!! :P

Those Cree Q5 bulbs look nice as fogs , might get some after pay day, along with the ballasts and bulbs to finish off my ST Bi Xenon retrofit :)

Keep us updated on what you chose to do, i'm sure it'll look great either way :)

Those Cree Q5 bulbs look nice as fogs , might get some after pay day, along with the ballasts and bulbs to finish off my ST Bi Xenon retrofit :)

for anyone looking to purchase the Cree Q5 H11 bulbs

here are the ones i have purchased and in the pictures above:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/H11-CREE-5W-Q5-LED-FOG-LIGHT-PROJECTOR-BULBS-TO-MATCH-HID-KIT-6000K-/110894219549?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item19d1cf811d

but these ones would be a slightly brighter version of the Q5

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/H11-CREE-LED-Projector-Fog-Light-bulb-12-SMD-Mazda-2-5-6-CX-7-RX-8-MX-5-Miata-/140659285670?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item20bff25ea6

and these ones would be 25-30% brighter than the Cree Q5 as these are Cree Q7

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-x-New-Pure-White-H11-H8-High-Power-Cree-Q5-7W-LED-Fog-Head-Light-Glass-Bulb-/130702742469?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item1e6e7d93c5

• 4 weeks later...

for anyone looking to purchase the Cree Q5 H11 bulbs

here are the ones i have purchased and in the pictures above:

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item19d1cf811d

but these ones would be a slightly brighter version of the Q5

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item20bff25ea6

and these ones would be 25-30% brighter than the Cree Q5 as these are Cree Q7

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item1e6e7d93c5

Lenny, which would you recommend out of the 3? i noticed the 3rd is cheaper than the second but is meant to be bright? A little confused

was considering installing a HID Kit for the foggys but this seams like such an easier option for only a slightly lower result.

Thanks!!

Lenny, which would you recommend out of the 3? i noticed the 3rd is cheaper than the second but is meant to be bright? A little confused

was considering installing a HID kit for the foggys but this seams like such an easier option for only a slightly lower result.

Thanks!!

Hi john welcome to the forum,

i personally have got the third one in the list fitted,

these are the ones i have got in mine

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/H11-CREE-5W-Q5-LED-FOG-LIGHT-PROJECTOR-BULBS-TO-MATCH-HID-KIT-6000K-/110894219549?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item19d1cf811d&clk_rvr_id=364941566049&afsrc=1

but if i was buying again id purchase these mate. because they have the same as the ones ive currently fitted but also the additional side leds to spread around the housing for better effect,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/H11-CREE-LED-Projector-Fog-Light-bulb-12-SMD-Mazda-2-5-6-CX-7-RX-8-MX-5-Miata-/140659285670?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item20bff25ea6&clk_rvr_id=364945834897&afsrc=1

and different sellers are all different prices mate, shipping form asia will be cheaper overall but prepare to wait up to 10 working days to recieve them, but if you pay more money for the same item you will get it within the uk and recieve it within 2-3 days, depends on how badly you want them really.

as for these ones

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-x-New-Pure-White-H11-H8-High-Power-Cree-Q5-7W-LED-Fog-Head-Light-Glass-Bulb-/160831496592?_trksid=p4340.m1850&_trkparms=aid%3D222001%26algo%3DSIC.CURRENT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D11%26meid%3D652693423123630332%26pid%3D100011%26prg%3D1016%26rk%3D1%26

they look good but i have two questions over them.

number 1:

they are a pear shape bulb and dont seem to have got the light focused in any perticular direction which may cause some problems with the law and perticurally oncoming drivers.

number 2:

the listing says H11/H8

so which is it lol a H11 fitment or a H8 fitment because the focus doesnt take H8 in the fogs,

it takes H11 so id be going for option two on this one mate, they seem to be the new model of the ones i fitted.

Thanks mate!

Cheers for the speedy help. Ordering the second ones now.

What do you have in your main headlight?

Was thinks nag of the HID Kit for those..

Looks good at night!

Will order the others if I like how the fog lights perform. However I might have to pass on the parkers as last time I tried to remove them I only managed to get one out but snapped and broke the cradle in the process. It is now secured in place with tape ha.

The other side just wouldn't come out.

Carbon wrap :D

Wha?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club