Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sounds Like My Exhausts Blowing Under Load But Its Not

BIG AL 007

Hi Guys. Im Alex, and im a new member . Im hoping you can help me, I have a mondeo mk 3 tdci which Ive owned for 5 years. Ive recently installed a solid mass flywheel conversion kit as the dmf was goosed, and the garage wanted 1300 pounds to do the job. ,Anyway its all done,with just one problem. When I drive it cold it sounds fine, but once it gets up to normal temp it sounds like the exhaust is blowing when its under load, Ive had the exhaust checked and was found to be leak free. its pretty loud but as I say its okay when its cold, its got me beat. Anyone have any ideas

Cheers. Alex

hi Alex and welcome

Did you change the clutch/flywheel yourself?

not sure what your exhaust problem could be though if its leak free? perhaps one of your silencers is nackered

hi Alex and welcome

Did you change the clutch/flywheel yourself?

not sure what your exhaust problem could be though if its leak free? perhaps one of your silencers is nackered

Or it drumming on the chassis, also check the turbo pipe front right as you are looking at the car this can hit the chassis leg and sound like blowing