Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2008 Vision Blue Focus

Andy H Dibley

Hi all,

Not written an introduction post, but will include it in this.

Picked up my car at the end of March (remember the fuel crisis and rediculous heat wave?) - an ex-motability car, sold from the same garage and the same salesman. Had 23k on the clock and not a single mark on it. Took me about 2 months to find it after trawling through classifieds and dealers, I was being really specific as I'd been saving quite a while for it. Had to be vision blue (my opinion the best colour) had to be a Zetec or higher with the Climate option and be low miles and straight!

Anyway three months on and needless to say I am very happy! There are only a couple of issues I have, but what car doesn't.

Firstly it's been back twice under warranty (in today as it happens) same fault, from the drivers side window control, the passenger window will go down, but not always go back up! First time the believed it to be the runners needing greasing, however it is now doing it again, and this time I've asked them to look and possibly change the switch.

Second issue and I guess it's more my lax driving style, the indicators! Are they all do quiet? I used to roll around in a stripped out mk2 mondeo which had all the road roar of a convertible, but I was still able to hear the indicator clicking. Instead now I find far too often I've driven for some distance with the indicator on after it not cancelling without me knowing. If anyone has any tips about this, I'd be eternally grateful!

On my mobile at the moment, but will upload photos later.

Cheers all,

Andy

Hi all,

Not written an introduction post, but will include it in this.

Picked up my car at the end of March (remember the fuel crisis and rediculous heat wave?) - an ex-motability car, sold from the same garage and the same salesman. Had 23k on the clock and not a single mark on it. Took me about 2 months to find it after trawling through classifieds and dealers, I was being really specific as I'd been saving quite a while for it. Had to be vision blue (my opinion the best colour) had to be a Zetec or higher with the Climate option and be low miles and straight!

Anyway three months on and needless to say I am very happy! There are only a couple of issues I have, but what car doesn't.

Firstly it's been back twice under warranty (in today as it happens) same fault, from the drivers side window control, the passenger window will go down, but not always go back up! First time the believed it to be the runners needing greasing, however it is now doing it again, and this time I've asked them to look and possibly change the switch.

Second issue and I guess it's more my lax driving style, the indicators! Are they all do quiet? I used to roll around in a stripped out mk2 mondeo which had all the road roar of a convertible, but I was still able to hear the indicator clicking. Instead now I find far too often I've driven for some distance with the indicator on after it not cancelling without me knowing. If anyone has any tips about this, I'd be eternally grateful!

On my mobile at the moment, but will upload photos later.

Cheers all,

Andy

Welcome to the forum Andy,

look foward to the pictures later, and perhaps purchase a set of these so then you would see your indicators were active when you check your mirror http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/36-LED-Car-Motorcycle-HIDDEN-Turn-Signal-Side-Mirror-Arrow-Indicator-euro-Amber-/180921280568?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item2a1fbfa838

Welcome to the forum Andy,

look foward to the pictures later, and perhaps purchase a set of these so then you would see your indicators were active when you check your mirror http://www.ebay.co.u...=item2a1fbfa838

Not DOT approved. May fail MOT. :(

I must admit, quite a few times I've not heard my indicators when activated :/

Cheers for the replies guys! Must get some photos up, but it is just a standard Zetec :P

So far the worst for leaving it on has been up the M40, not sure for how long but I rarely move out of the inside lane and it must've been going for some time indicating to the hard shoulder. Never mind, just afraid one day it'll catch me out with another driver thinking I'm going somewhere I'm not!

Just a quick one as I've now got the car back. They're going to replace the window switch but don't have it in stock so will be getting one in. I've just had. Look under the dash as they said they accessed the computer. Does the OBD port have a cover over it? I must admit never looking down there before, but mine doesn't have a cover over it now and seems a bit exposed. Anyone fancy checking theirs out for me?

Cheers for the replies guys! Must get some photos up, but it is just a standard Zetec :P

So far the worst for leaving it on has been up the M40, not sure for how long but I rarely move out of the inside lane and it must've been going for some time indicating to the hard shoulder. Never mind, just afraid one day it'll catch me out with another driver thinking I'm going somewhere I'm not!

Just a quick one as I've now got the car back. They're going to replace the window switch but don't have it in stock so will be getting one in. I've just had. Look under the dash as they said they accessed the computer. Does the OBD port have a cover over it? I must admit never looking down there before, but mine doesn't have a cover over it now and seems a bit exposed. Anyone fancy checking theirs out for me?

Hi mate,

just to put your mind at rest, their is no cover on the OBD port it is always exposed

Ah cheers fella!

Yea my indicators are quiet , for sure indicators were louder in my older cars, I also have a 60 plate Astra van and the indicators on that are even quieter I am always leaving them on, plus the set up of them is shocking hate them.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club