Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Clean Engine / Bay

gc88

I want to spruce up my dirty engine and surrounding area.

How do I? What do I use?

Hints and tips taken!

Thanks

gc

im good at this one all you need is some cloths and a long thin paintbrush about 1 inch will do and some wd40 or similar spray the cloth so that you can wipe any crud off with it for hard to reach places wrap a cloth around the brush and secure it with some tape that will give you the extra reach needed it doesnt take long for the final spruce up spray the plastics with either back to black or tyre finish and leave for 5 minutes then give it a good wipe down this makes it less likely to get as dirty

I want to spruce up my dirty engine and surrounding area. How do I? What do I use? Hints and tips taken! Thanks gc
i wouldnt use much water mate, but get a can of WD-40 and spray it on a cloth then wax it in to the plastics in the engine bay, dont spray on to the area, instead spray on to the cloth and rub the area with the cloth, i done it before when putting the focus in to storage, also wax the pipes and hoses with the wd-40 you can see the difference in the plastc on the battery box xompared to the air box in the picture below the air box had not been done at the time of taking the picture, Image1071.jpg

Image1074.jpg

I would defiantly recommend Meguiar's Dash and trim restorer for use on the plastics, gives a nice reflective shine.

http://www.meguiars.co.uk/product/371/Ultimate-Protectant-Dash-Trim-Restorer/

Haven't tried before but they also have this

http://www.meguiars.co.uk/product/222/Engine-Dressing/

which looks good too

It really is amazing how chaotically busy the focus engine bay is! mines nice and spacious in comparison and would allow me to put my hand in and clean something :P

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/uploads/1303642128/gallery_10869_587_413220.jpg

I would suggest that its going to be worthwhile giving the bay a steam clean before doing anything else, just to get rid of the muck where possible, then as suggested WD40, but massaged into the metals would help to prevent rusting amongst other things.

Done - thanks guys!

(looks a lot better although not new!!)

DSC_0752.jpg

Loving the look of this, might get cracking with this tomorrow, will take some before and after shots! Which did you use gc88?

Good job gc88, looks smart!

Thanks.

Next question is should I spray some of the plastics? blue? Red? Yellow?

Mmmm maybe just leave it black.

Looks great, I love having a clean looking engine bay.

You will find its easy to clean from now on too.

Would wd40 be good for cleaning up the black plastic trims on the car or what would you guys recommend?

Would wd40 be good for cleaning up the black plastic trims on the car or what would you guys recommend?

yes id use WD-40 sprayed on a cloth then wax in to the area.

but keep it off the paint work. and it can also stain cement or tarmac if spilled on it.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club