Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dpf Removal And Ecu Remap Problem

RichYork

I have a Focus 2.0 Desiel and after on and off problems with the DPF decided to get it removed.

The DPF was taken out and the inside mesh removed. It was then reattached to the car with the sensors re-connected.

I then had my car Re-mapped to delete the DPF but am now recieving:

P2002 errors

Diesel Particulate Filter Efficency Below Threshold Bank 1

This puts the car back into limp mode.

The pressure tubes from the DPF both connect to a sensor located on the side of the battery box, which has 3 wires connecting it to the ECU

Connecting a multimeter to these I found the following.

Yellow & Purple 5 Volts

Brown & White (Ground) 0 Volts

White & Purple 0.32 Volts when running

Looking at this, White & Purple must be diagnosis voltage and the other 2 wires just the power feed.

If I Rev the car to about 3000rpm the White/Purple voltage increases to 0.34 Volts so I guessing the sensor is working fine

I then tried disconnecting the sensor which gave me the following codes P2452 and P2455 Pressure Sensor Circuit High also the White/Purple voltage increased to 4.6 Volts

My question is if i have had the inside of my DPF removed and the car remapped to delete DPF should I be still receiving these errors ?

Shouldnt it just ignore information comming from the sensor

Thanks

Rich

Update also receiving a P2454 error now!

Think i may have to ditch the sensor and attach a potentiometer to it instead, that should only set me back about £1 instead of the cost of a replacement sensor.

post-35219-0-74331700-1342466668_thumb.j

Potentiometer was £1.20, 20p out but will give it a try

Well a week on with the potentiometer fitted and no more limp mode or ECU fault codes, bye bye DPF :D

Sounds to me like it's not been fully removed in the remap... I'd take it back and get them to look at it again...

As far as Im aware on a 2.0 Litre it can't be fully removed and sensors still need to be left attached. I know alot of remappers I contacted couldn't do this model nad the ones that could stated the sensors had to be left attached. The potentiometer does seem to have done the job to be onist I should have done it in the first place and not bothered getting it remapped

As far as Im aware on a 2.0 Litre it can't be fully removed and sensors still need to be left attached. I know alot of remappers I contacted couldn't do this model nad the ones that could stated the sensors had to be left attached. The potentiometer does seem to have done the job to be onist I should have done it in the first place and not bothered getting it remapped

Hi Richyork

Where did you get the potentiometer from?

Any certain requirements?

Cheers

Im an Electronic Engineer so tend to have them kicking about.

Generally get stuff like that from RS but Maplin will porbably have them too

Cheers

Hi!

Thx for the info. I tried below steps but my focus still back in limp mode after few miles.

-sensor unplugged & potentiometer fitted

-potentiometer adjusted to 0.37v (did just work for 10 miles)

-dpf replaced with the empty pipe. (did not work as well but car revs much more easily, even in limp mode)

-then I tried 0.33v, 0.35v, 0.36v, 0.39v and 0.43v but I'm still facing with limp mode...

can you tell me what may I did wrong?

thx

Saygin

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club