Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is It A Good Idea?

piper

Hi

i've just recently purchased a mondeo 2ltr tdci and was wondering if it's good practise to have a diagnostic test done?

Cheers piper

Hi

i've just recently purchased a mondeo 2ltr tdci and was wondering if it's good practise to have a diagnostic test done?

Cheers piper

no harm to do it if you want mate,

but if it aint broke then its ok, you could buy and fit a scangaugeII that will give you continues readings of all sensors and read error codes for you.

Thank you Lenny.

Scangauge ? need to check them out

Thank you Lenny.

Scangauge ? need to check them out

no prob,

plugs in to your OBD port and mounts to the dah or anywhere you like,

you can change the backlight colour to match your cars interior illumination colour too

and it will give you boost readings aswell as current fuel consumption, engine temp, water temp, oil temp, oil preissure, fuel preissure, boost preissure etc.

Well if there are no lights showing (engine management, abs, etc) and you yourself can't detect any problems then I wouldn't imagine there's anything seriously wrong, and wouldn't think it's worth what some garages charge for a test.

Try the Ford dashbord trick to see if there are any trouble codes stored (hold in the "set" button, then turn on the ignition and keep the set button pushed in until "test" shows up on the trip computer - then release set and hit set repeatedly to run through various tests and information. One of them will be "DTC #---" with --- beind the number of codes stored, and it'll then scroll through the stored codes).

If there's none on the dash, no lights, and no obvious problems, then I wouldn't bother.

If you really want to, then buy an ELM cable and download ELMConfig (see the guides in this forum), and plug it into your OBD port to do a diagnostic check.

Agreed, a scanguage or the likes of any OBDII scanner are generic units, so even if your not looking at a Ford, you can plug it in, do a scan, clear the codes, and then take the motor for a test drive, any new errors will appear and you can use it as a tool, to get the problems resolved as part of the sale!

dont mean to sound sarcastic here but probably a better bet to run diagnostics before you buy :P

sorry to sort of like gate crash this post but could do with help of ether lenny or stoney871 cant temember which one helped me last time but could do with some pictures putting on a post from my gallery, got myself some climair sport wind deflectors, the post is below this one i think, like i said sorry.

Thanks for all the replies.

What sort of tiggered the interest in the diagnotic test was because the other day my ABS light came on and stayed on until i got home and after about 30 mins i restarted the car and the light went out.

Cheers piper

Thanks for all the replies.

What sort of tiggered the interest in the diagnotic test was because the other day my ABS light came on and stayed on until i got home and after about 30 mins i restarted the car and the light went out.

Cheers piper

could be as simple as some carbon build up from the discs is covering the ABS sensor,

ive heard of this trouble before and my mate had similar faults with his laguna turned out to be the sensors needing a wipe.

Thanks Lenny will try and take a look over the weekend.

Piper

Thanks Lenny will try and take a look over the weekend.

Piper

no prob mate,

if cleaning them,

he used some anti-static computer screen cleaner on his,

not sure if it helps any better than just a damp cloth but it may prevent futrther build up on them if its anti static

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club