Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Factory Fit Sunroof

Unclepierre

Hi,

I've just ordered a factory built Titanium X with a sunroof ( I'm old enough that sunroofs were common on most of my cars ). The question is, what do Ford drop form the roof to fit the sunroof in?. Looking at a showroom car today it appears that there is a block at the front of the roof with map lights etc., and then 2 sets of interior lights one central and one in the

rear.

Obviously something's gonna have to go to fit in the sunroof, does anyone know what?

Thanks

Peter

I dont think they will remove anything. They will easily be able to just put the sunroof from behind the interior light. You dont realise how big the roof is until you are lying on your back in the car adding a mod haha. But will be fine you shouldnt lose any benefits especially being a titanium.

probably a sunglasses holder in th epast if you had a sunroof you didnt have aircon

My Titanium has a sunroof, dual-zone climate, sunglasses holder, map/front/rear interior lights so I'm guessing you won't lose anything

Many thanks for the replies, especially ShinyAndy.

The latest Focus pdf brochure under interior convenience features says 'Sunroof - Power tilt/slide ( not with overhead console ) - 5 door only' . I assumed that the console referred to was part of the sunroof and it wasn't till I saw a showroom focus that I realised they may have been referring to the existing one fitted in the car.

But hopefully as ShinyAndy says, at worst I will get an alternative. So I'll find out for real in 12 weeks time :)

Thx

Peter

The overhead console in a Mk3 Tit X houses the sunglasses holder as well as the lights you mentioned (including multi coloured ambient lighting). Perhaps you will just lose the holder ?

You're right Tomo2001, unfortunately the glasses holder is at the front of the overhead console and would therefore presumably be the last to go. I've emailed a query to Ford and found the focus manuals online while I was looking. It doesn't show the inside of the car but the operating button is apparently between the sunvisors...

Peter