Do Not Sell My Personal Information

At Every Start A Sudden Noise Like A Spring Snapping

SwansJasper

Everytime i start my car a few seconds into the drive it will make a noise as if a spring has just snapped not exactly sure where the noise actually is seems to be but its roughly behind the pedel area maybe under the bonnet just the otherside can anyone help plz ? And how do i know if i need a new idle control valve and how much thanks guys

icv needs replaced when the car over revs or under revs especially at idle but it can be many other things including a split in a intake pipe so it may be beat to pop it into the dealers you can spend a fortune buying small bits trying to sort it

hey if it's the noise am thinking of its the abs test it does this everytime you start the car and set off i maybe wrong but am pretty sure its this mate.

hey mate, mine's does exactly the same thing, think its when you reach a certain speed (like 5 or 10 mph, something like that) and im pretty sure as liam said its the abs engaging. old focus used to do it too.

My money is on abs test too. Mine does it, sometimes louder than others! Not noticed a pattern yet.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club