Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2006 Focus St

Moro-46

Hi im new to this site. Im currently looking at a 2006 focus st in orange with 54000 miles..It looks immaculate from the pics and i havent viewed it yet but i will this week. I just would like to know the common problems to look out for and also wat is the real world MPG! I do 100km a day or about 60 miles in real world! i currently have a 2001 subaru legacy B4 2litre twin turbo which only gets bout 15-25 mpg! is the focus a good call? thanks

youll get around the same mpg the timing belts due so id check that first st is known for the belt snapping early make sure electrics etc work check for uneven tyre wear it can indicate rear bushes needing done check the service history check for water in the boot and front footwells timing belts a must theres reports of them snapping at 47k miles

I was over looking at this ST today in a dealer in clondalkin. Its a nice car very striking in the orange but has a few small marks which i can fix myself. same for the interior. needs fixinf up but nothing a few DIY weekends cant fix..thats wat owning a car is all about i think haha. It has a dumop valve which worries me because the engine management light shows up and i dont like that! Some noise out of the car tho.There was a small bit of water in the boot underneath the mat would this be a worry would anybody know..cheers for the help

Check that the alternators been changed, they tend to seize around 30k, oil filter housing diaphragm blows at any mileage, will make a loud hissing noise if gone and needs attention ASAP or knackers engine. check cv boots been replaced or not, if they have get the cv joints checked especially on the drivers side, can cause a vibration around 60-70mph. Turns into vibration under load then a new driveshaft maybe needed setting u back about 300quid. Mpg varies depending if tuned, my mountune st will do 24-29mpg on my round trip to work of 250miles a week.

.There was a small bit of water in the boot underneath the mat would this be a worry would anybody know..cheers for the help

that's a common fault on all mk2 and mk2.5 models where the rubber seal on the top of the rear window splits and allows water inside, also the seals around the rear spoiler bolts can let water in too.

Its an easy fix though just remove the rear spoiler and apply some silicone.

Then put spoiler back on. No more leaks.

check the panels underneath the tail lights, there are sponge pieces there if there wet its ur tail lights leaking, simple fix is new plastic bits from ford that the screws from tail lights go into. a major fault is the boot hinges leaking but that is major work to sort those out, not heard of any window leaks on the mk2.

if its leaking and the management lights on just walk away theres plenty more out there water in the boot suggests its been there a while the leak that is may even be rust hiding under the spare wheel dump valve suggests a boy racer to which its likely been thrashed what was the service history like a sfor the windows on the rear its common for the bonding to have been done poorly at the factory in which case the window needs removed and rebonded

i give you heads up on mine as its gonna be in milton keynes evans halshaw from 30sept when i pick up my new focus titx, its st3 with sat nav, and other extras only thing it dont have is keyless start and entry. mountune package with custom exhaust, facelift st rear diffuser and will have covered close to 45k.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club