Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk2.5 Boot On Mk2

quadrophenic

Hey folks,

I've been looking for a mk2.5 spoiler to fit to my mk2 focus, while looking on eBay i have came across the full boot with spoiler for the price of the spoiler!

Question is...will it fit and how easy would fitting be?

It is £100, despite seeing on here that people have picked up spoilers for around the £40 mark I am not hitting as lucky or should I just persist and wait for a spoiler to turn up?

Thanks.

Jonny

As far as I'm aware the boots are interchangeable but some of the wiring will be different e.g Plate lights so some rewiring would be necessary.

To save you a hell of a lot of unnecessary work I'd recommend just hanging on for a spoiler.

They come up quite regularly and take about 30 minutes to swap.

I assume you've spotted my guide?

I found a breaker on eBay with a whole tailgate + spoiler for a mk2.5 focus in my colour.

I just sent him a message and offered him 50% of his total listing price for the spoiler alone and explained that this is pretty good deal for him since he'd still have the tailgate to sell and could probably still get close to his original listing for that alone.

He was happy to oblige, hacked off the spoiler and sent it to me with a paypal invoice.

Give that a try - worth a shot. If he doesn't, I'd recommend just waiting for one to pop up - it will eventually. Or have a look around your local scrappies too.

GSM, sounds like a plan! Yes stoney your guide is my inspiration, wanted the ST spoiler but as you said in the guide it would need rewiring. I will send him a message and see if I can get it cheap! You don't ask you don't get!

Dam this forum is an expensive bit of lunchtime reading!

wanted the ST spoiler but as you said in the guide it would need rewiring.

Not really so much rewiring mate but just hacking the one plug off each brake light wire and connecting the wires together. It's what I did and it's very simple, took a minute if not seconds to do so if you can get hold of an ST spoiler its really worth it in my opinion. But if you'd be happy with a mk2.5 go for that instead.

The ST spoiler does need the wiring changing as the brake light uses a different connector.

I was just about to recommend you PM Brigante and he beats me to it.

For reference though, on the MK2 Focus the feed wires for the brake light are both black but the thicker of the two is the live.

The ST spoiler does need the wiring changing as the brake light uses a different connector.

I was just about to recommend you PM Brigante and he beats me to it.

For reference though, on the MK2 Focus the feed wires for the brake light are both black but the thicker of the two is the live.

Always one step ahead mate ;) lmao

But I knew you'd wanna comment so I left out the part about the live wire being thicker so that you could pass on your wisdom instead since you wrote the guide. I'm nice like that :P

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club