Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk2.5 Aftermarket Head Units

.Ryan

Hiya guys,

Just wondered what you guys have upgraded your head units to on the Mk2.5 Focus?

I have the standard Ford 6000CD bluetooth as pictured here:

Ford_6000CD_red_oval_eu.jpg

Causes me no issues, but I hate the fact the AUX input is for 3.5mm jack only with no iPod/iPhone control. I do however love the bluetooth capability and if I upgraded, I'd like to have that feature still. Not sure if the existing microphone in the interior light unit could be used with an aftermarket unit?

What you guys upgraded to?

:)

ive been looking at this also idealy id like the double din unit but i was tempted by an aldi single din unit with

bluetooth handsfree

bluetooth music streaming

ipod iPhone connection

flip down detatchable fascia with multicolour lcd display

usb flash drive support

cd cdr cdrw mp3 playback

sd card support

front aux

built in iso socket

4x40w

3yr warranty

with the mounting cage and gold tipped aux input and a case 49.99

thats a lot for the money i had the older version in my mk1 couldnt fault it and theres no bad reviews might not be what you want but it does what you need im just not sure about the steering controls if it accepts it

I upgraded to the Sony DAB Ford headunit. I love the DAB and missed Radio 6 when I was in the car!

All I needed was a DAB/FM splitter and I was away. Would never look back now.

Just upgraded mine to a zenec ze-nc3811d expensive but worth the money does the lot sat nav ipod sd card dvd bluetooth reverse camera funtion when i get the camera

Just upgraded mine to a zenec ze-nc3811d expensive but worth the money does the lot sat nav ipod sd card dvd bluetooth reverse camera funtion when i get the camera

I was looking at getting that... where did you put the GPS antenna?

took the a panel off sat the ariel on the dash and just run the rest under the steering console and up into the radio housing five minutes no holes or nothing if you can afford one of these it realy is a smart piece of kit i,m well impressed with it not sure if its made in germany but it is a quality bit of kit hence the price they sell for .

took the a panel off sat the ariel on the dash and just run the rest under the steering console and up into the radio housing five minutes no holes or nothing if you can afford one of these it realy is a smart piece of kit i,m well impressed with it not sure if its made in germany but it is a quality bit of kit hence the price they sell for .

Cheers for that :)

• 1 month later...

I'm just upgrading mine to a pioneer avh-1400 it's pretty much standard as in no bluetooth or satnav. But it's all I need at the moment. It's got a touchscreen so I can plug a reverse parking camera into it, and I can plug an ipod into it. It's all I need really so i'd rather get that than Shell out a lot more for summin with satnav built in.

If you mooch on eBay you can still get em for around the 220 mark. And if you want bluetooth, you can get the avh-2400bt for around 50quid more

Or could always upgrade to the sony DAB stereo, far as I know it's plug n play n think it'll work with ipod?