Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sold Fiesta And Bought A Mondeo 2001, 2.0 Ltr Diesel, Problem With Electric Window

garbage456

passenger side window goes down using either drivers door or passenger side switch, but I cant get it to go up with either switch, I can get it to go up with the holding down of the drivers key though.

Any Ideas

passenger side window goes down using either drivers door or passenger side switch, but I cant get it to go up with either switch, I can get it to go up with the holding down of the drivers key though.

Any Ideas

Sounds like the contacts are worn in the switch and by using the key; the signal is being sent to the window motor via the GEM and not the switch in the door.

At worst you would need a new switch but id try the breakers for one because the second hand one may not of had as much use as yours appears to have done.

Plus these units can cost up to 140pounds from ford excluding labour for the drivers side one.

Sounds like the contacts are worn in the switch and by using the key; the signal is being sent to the window motor via the GEM and not the switch in the door.

At worst you would need a new switch but id try the breakers for one because the second hand one may not of had as much use as yours appears to have done.

Plus these units can cost up to 140pounds from ford excluding labour for the drivers side one.

cheers

will have a look around

cheers

will have a look around

No problem,

Perhaps try eBay too,

And purchase a Haynes manual. Then you will be able to change the unit yourself aswell as learning about your motor by reading the Haynes.

so what switch is faulty then, the passenger side door, (even though the drivers door also doesnt put the passenger side up)

Have a look in the owners manual for reference to fuses first.

And check the fuse for the electric windows, if its not blown then try removing the passenger switch from the connections and then try to operate it via the drivers side.

fuse is fine, was passing my local garage (good and cheap guys) dropped it in, he said its definetly the passenger side switch, so ordered one off eBay for £4.20, hopefully its just that then, looks easy to fit

behind my gear stick there are 3 slots 1st is a cup holder, 2nd is empty, 3rd is boot release (iirc), what is meant to go into the 2nd one?

• 2 weeks later...

right, replace the passenger side switch and the window now goes down and amazingly UP too now, although the driver door still wont put it up is that switch likely to be faulty too (obvious question but i need to ask)

behind my gear stick there are 3 slots 1st is a cup holder, 2nd is empty, 3rd is boot release (iirc), what is meant to go into the 2nd one?

If you join photobucket or a similar image hosting site,

Take a picture of the area, then upload to photobucket.

Copy the.IMG code from photobucket and paste it in to a post on here for us to view and comment.

right, replace the passenger side switch and the window now goes down and amazingly UP too now, although the driver door still wont put it up is that switch likely to be faulty too (obvious question but i need to ask)

Sounds like it is drivers side broken too mate.

Very unusual for both to be gone at the same time, but if you can pick up a drivers side control for 20-30pounds then its worth a fix yourself.

You already saved 50 pounds labour on the passenger side replacment.

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like it is drivers side broken too mate.

Very unusual for both to be gone at the same time, but if you can pick up a drivers side control for 20-30pounds then its worth a fix yourself.

You already saved 50 pounds labour on the passenger side replacment.

sorry for the delay in replying, just to confirm changed the passenger side and that does now work, so bought one of eBay (drivers side) put that in and that also now works, amazingly the day after i orderded one, the drivers window failed to go up too, lol.

so to clarify i change passenger side and drivers side and now all 4 windows are working, phew.

sorry for the delay in replying, just to confirm changed the passenger side and that does now work, so bought one of ebay (drivers side) put that in and that also now works, amazingly the day after i orderded one, the drivers window failed to go up too, lol.

so to clarify i changed passenger side and drivers side and now all 4 windows are working, phew.

Glad you got it all working in the end.

So its window closed as apposed to case closed lol

Glad you got it all working in the end.

So its window closed as apposed to case closed lol

lol

If you join photobucket or a similar image hosting site,

Take a picture of the area, then upload to photobucket.

Copy the.IMG code from photobucket and paste it in to a post on here for us to view and comment.

hre is the image

its compartment 2 of the 3

IMAG0037.jpg?t=1351615181

As far as I'm aware that tray has a rubber bit inside?

It's just a coin tray/cubby hole.

what are those yellow things either side of it?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club