Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2003 Ka - Heater Fan Blowing But No Air Coming Out

jon-

I've done a search around and found loads of problems where the fans have failed, but nothing specific to my problem.

My fan works, in that betweens settings 1-4 I can hear the fan blowing as it should, but no matter where I have the circular air flow adjuster, no air comes out of anywhere.

The car has done this a number of times before, but each time it magically fixes itself. As it's coming into winter, and condensation is becoming a problem I need to fix this myself.

It's almost like there's a blockage between the fan exit and the distribution channels. Does anyone know where the fan is / how easy it is to access?

Thanks in advance.

hi just because you can her the fan motor working does not mean the blades of the fan is spinning .

if they have come loose you wont get any air .

you mayneed a new fan unit or try taking it out & see if the blades spin in the housing

Thanks Del, I'll take it out and have a look. I'm 90% sure the blades are spinning as it's a windy sound, I think the inlet side might be blocked after a bit of poking around tonight.

Does anyone know if there's a schematic anywhere?!

try looking for the ford fiesta details for the fan as i am pretty sure its the same as the ka. check all the inlets to the fan as leaves may have blocked the pipes and check the pollen filter on the bulk head passengers side from memory as they block

look here m8 dont buy from there goto fords or eBay as they are cheap on eBay

http://www.puravent....d=41∂=M2103

FOC delivers :D

I've just taken out the pollen filter and it was black (not changed in the last 50,000 miles), but also rather oddly SOAKING wet, which effectively means it's blocked.

I'm guessing these shouldn't be able to get wet normally?!

Anyway, I've removed it and will run without one until a replacement arrives.

Thanks again for the help Del :D

hi jon the pollen filter is sometimes a black charcoal colour & it should not be wet atall . check if there should be a plastic cover over it like a rain shield to

cover the plastic housing that it sits is as sometimes they go missing. i would make sure all the scuttles are clear of leaves etc.

does the air flow now the pollen filter has been removed m8 as it sounds like that was the problem

As far as I could tell, the rain shield for the cover was attached just fine. I had a poke around and really have no idea how it got wet, it looks like the car would have needed to be submerged!!

Anyway, £9 later and the new filter is in and everything is as it should be again :D Top internet sleuthing Del :)

glad your sorted m8 i recon the scuttles got blocked at some point or the car was parked on a hill facing up the hill to allow water to get onto the filter onc theey are wet they have had it. make sure all the scuttles are clear i use a watering can to check them , happy motoring m8

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club