Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2 wheel drive Kuga?

Purdy fpv

On the TV advert for the Kuga it says that you can get the Kuga in 2 wheel drive. Does anyone know if these versions still have the all-wheel drive (AWD) system and are they front of rear wheel drive?

On the TV advert for the Kuga it says that you can get the Kuga in 2 wheel drive. Does anyone know if these versions still have the all-wheel drive (AWD) system and are they front of rear wheel drive?

The 2wd only has front wheel drive and no awd system. The kuga awd is 100% fwd untill extra traction is needed and will then add it to the wheel that needs it.

great car to get i love them. . . get the AWD as its only £170 tax but still does 44 MPG :lol:

The 2wd only has front wheel drive and no awd system. The kuga awd is 100% fwd untill extra traction is needed and will then add it to the wheel that needs it.

great car to get i love them. . . get the AWD as its only £170 tax but still does 44 MPG :lol:

Hi Thanks for your reply. ;)

• 1 month later...

2 or 4wd they are both great vehicles, i would however like to point out if you are not thinking of taking this vehicle off road you are better off with the 2wd...the reason being the 4wd drive system is only active when needed so in theory you are just lugging around a 4wd system that will never be used and your fuel economy will be showing that....expect 2wd fuel economy to be about 50mpg urban driving.

I have driven both... <_<

• 8 months later...

At the risk of causing offense - for which I suggest my comments are offered for thought not provocation.

I would ask what the merits of buying a 2wd Kuga are, other than liking the looks. If you need a 4x4 type vehicle then why buy one that is not 4x4. If you don't need a 4x4 then why buy a Kuga when a Focus estate will do as good a job?

I say this form a background of Freelanders, a Navara, Ranger, Ranger-Rover, Discovery-2, etc. When I needed a 4x4 I bought and used one, when I didn't I used a 2wd car. No matter how good a 2wd Kuga is a Focus surely is always going to be more economical, on paper seems to offer more boot space, is cheaper to buy, run, tax and insure.

I can understand Ford trying to gain a foothold in the pseudo 4x4 market with a 4x4 style vehicle which tries to hold onto the 2wd benefits. But in the rear World I just don't really see what useful purpose it would serve for the buyer. I love the looks of the Kuga and would have one tomorrow. But the wife doesn't and so she got a Focus instead. I've got a Mondeo so don't see the need to swap to another 2wd. If I went for a Kuga it would be the 4x4 version to give us some variety and security for winter use and towing, otherwise a 2wd Kuga would be pointless for me.

But as I said, that's just my opinion and I am sure there are plenty of arguements for why someone would justify a 2wd Kuga to themselves ;-)

Harvey

• 1 year later...

I own a 2WD Kuga and I think It's a great car never had problems with traction even in the snow we had in December last year. :P

P.S. this is my second 2WD Kuga. :rolleyes:

• 2 months later...

The AWD kuga is not only 2wd and kicks in rest went needed. It put a set amount of power to the front and rear. When not needed it runs 90% of the power to the front and 10% to the rear. it then sends different amount of power to the wheels in normal conditions like cornering etc

What annoys me when looking to buy a Kuga, nobody advertises the car as an AWD or 2WD. You have to get in touch every time to find out. Its so important, well is was to me.

When I looked at my one at the main dealers they didn't even know what type it was. I had to show them the drive shafts.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club