Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Keyless Entry - Rear Sensor Fault?

dstewart

Hi,

I wonder if the rear keyless entry sensor on my 2010 Focus is dying?

In the past couple of days I've noticed the lights flashing when I approach from the rear of the car. Experimenting tonight I find that if I bring either keyfob within a foot of the rear switch then the car continually re-locks. (Single or double depending on what I set originally.)

Up until 10 minutes ago the driver and passenger buttons had been behaving normally - I've been out checking it's staying locked! On the last attempt it seems that the doors open okay, but won't lock unless I use the remote.

It does sound like something has died! Any idea what the fault might be, and what sort of price I'm looking at when I go to the garage?

One final question. Should you be able to double lock from the rear button? Mine only ever single locks, but I vaguely remember it double locking just after I got the car last spring.

Thanks

yes u can double lock from rear of the car as I can do it with my keyless button I would check you car battery first most local garages should do this free then take matters from there

Thanks k13r4n. It's good to know I wasn't imagining things! The double locking problem would have started in June or July last year, so I suspect the battery is okay. Can't hurt to check though. Touch wood it's just a faulty rear sensor/switch and easy to replace.

hopefully it's an easy fix could be the module that's packed in let me know how u get on

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club