Do Not Sell My Personal Information

White Smoke

peter49

hi i get white smoke on first start up head gasket good no loss of water car runs fine smoke stops after about1min.

hi i get white smoke on first start up head gasket good no loss of water car runs fine smoke stops after about1min.

Hi Peter,

Welcome to the forum,

White smoke that disapears after a few minutes is just condensation evapourating from the petrol exhaust system,

Happens all petrol engines in damp or cold conditions,

Diesel on the other hand takes below zero to produce condensation due to the suit and carbon absorbing the moisture.

If your very concerned though:

With the engine off, unscrew your engine oil filler cap and look on the under-side of the cap to see if their are any signs of white.

Agree with the above also remember its not warm outside and the gas exiting the exhaust is hotter than the outside aircwhich is also extremely wet air so its likely exhaust gas

hi lenny many thanks for information.pete. happy new year.

No prob mate,

Thanks to the forum for allowing us to communicate,

I was driving to work 3 weeks ago, i had just left the house so the exhaust was steaming with fog.

Got down to the main road and had an audi in every mirror up my rear.

So i put the foot down, which due to the 2.5" duplex filled the road with smog causing him to drop back around 40ft.

Lmao felt like james bond with a smoke screen.

Happy New Year.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club