Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford 6000Cd Player Stuck On Phone On Display

chiefwiggumpi

Newbie here....as above really. 2008 prefacelift 1.25 zetec climate fiesta with the 6000cd single cd. Since two days ago started to display phone on display....now worse and stuck leaving unit useless. Read on forums it's likely to be the circuit board as we don't have a phone kit installed.

Ford want £450 for a new one. Can anyone help with any suggestions. Tried new fuse, reset it using code. Same problem. I've read about ford repair program in Birmingham. Is it worth it? I've seen used units on eBay not in as good as nick as ours which is mint....any advice all appreciated

Thanks

First of all- welcome to the Forum.

The problem is not necessarily the board but can be simply a sticking button, try giving the face panel a bit of a slap with the palm of your hand and then a good blow around the buttons with a can of compressed air.

Also have you tried yanking the fuse and leaving for 20 minutes?

Sometimes that can help to reset a stuck radio.

(not sure if your radio needs a code but If it does then ensure you have it before resetting it).

Tried leaving the fuse out and as for banging done it as hard as i can....ive spoke to local ford dealer who i had to explain to have a repair centre for radio's as they had never heard of the problem before?!

They need the part number of the stereo despite me supplying the model, unit type, serial no and keycode..any ideas?