Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus 1.6Tdci 2009 Plate ...any Issues

barble23

i am looking at a focus 2009 plate 1.6tdci with 14000 miles on it....i know this has a dpf fitted but it should not be an issue as we will do a 20 mile each way work run....what i dont know is would it have this eolys additive system on it....???i have read about the 1.6 having turbo failure issues with a new engine remedy,was this sorted by this time???other option is the 1.8tdci engine which i know is a solid unit...but so is the cheap tax on the 1.6........tax is cheap but does it come with cost risks????any help i thankyou for... :D

It will have the eolys fluid for the dpf, but at 14k miles, and a regular good run, I wouldn't think that would be cause for concern. The engine in question did suffer with spontaneous turbo combustion, but was remedied by 2008, so again, you should be fine.

hi

No problems here 60 plate 1.6tdci (dpf) , dont do much motorway driving either perhaps once every 2 weeks.

owned the car for 14 months now and it has 19'000 on the clock.