Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Radio Change

Scottie73

Hello all I'm thing of changing my 6000CD radio in my mk2 focus. I'm after one that well fit in the same as the 6000CD. Most I have come across have th he GPS built in I'm not fussed about having it and Ford want 600 for the pleasure and ideas please ?. Thank

you.

Hello all I'm thing of changing my 6000CD radio in my mk2 focus. I'm after one that well fit in the same as the 6000CD. Most I have come across have th he GPS built in I'm not fussed about having it and Ford want 600 for the pleasure and ideas please ?. Thank

you.

I have removed my 6000CD and fitted a Sony from ford that is a straight fit,

But some very important things to note prior to purchasing,

If your 2010 focus has bluetooth, this is not part of your stereo, the module is fitted above the glove box inside the dash.

When purchasing a replacment stereo ford manufacture their stereoß identical to each other but the software inside them is different.

Any Stereo from a Ford Mondeo wont function correctly on a Ford Focus.features such as steering stalk, voice control, bluetooth and Aux port wont function aswell às a humming can be heard on the ford focus mic. If using a mondeo head unit.

Any stereo from a 2005-2008 ford focus wont operate bluetooth, voice control or Aux port on a facelift ford focus.

The internal software is different and wont allow these features to function and the software cant be updated.

Trust me, ive wasted almost 400pounds in buying and selling to find out the hard way.

I now have a 2007 Ford Focus Sony stereo fitted,

Which is not compatable with my Aux port, Bluetooth or Voice Control.

Ive sold my 6000CD two years ago to purchase a sony 6 CD changer stereo from a 2009 Mondeo and it all started from there.

You can google the model number of the stereo to find out what year and model it was removed from,

This will help you purchase the correct model compatable with your model.

If your selling your 6000CD and your model had bluetooth fitted,

Id be interested in purchasing for 50pounds.

Also does any no if the 6000CD had mini USB on the back ??.. I don't have any tools to remove it just now

My model does have Bluetooth .I'm only wanting to change my radio so I can use iPod and USB thruthe radio so I can use controls. This is what I was off http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=121052495117

Also does any no if the 6000CD had mini USB on the back ??.. I don't have any tools to remove it just now

Thats a nice stereo you linked mate,

But if your happy with your existing 6000CD then see daves guide on installing usb to your ford.

It also allows control of iPod via steering stalk

Also no ford stereo has usb on the rear.

Some bluetooth modules do though on the higher spec sony with usb in the centre console.

He says this one should just plug into the adaptor for a CD changer on back off radio I presume it will have one lol.

• 4 weeks later...

Still looking at doing this but have not have a clue what to go for. wanting to go for something that's the same as the 6000CD.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club