Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Noise In Clutch Area.

ronalex

I have a 06 plate Focus Estate diesel. I have a knock/rattle that sounds as if it is coming from the bell house/ clutch area. Any suggestions as to what it may be?

Yeah almost certainly sounds like DMF if the noise changes when you move the clutch.

I had the same thing go on my MK1.5 1.8 TDCI Focus.

I'm sure the prices vary considerably but my competent local brake and clutch centre quoted about £700.

A dmf dampens out low frequency vibration and reduces stress on the drive train created by high torque diesels so it makes them nice and quiet.

I was going to replace mine with a solid flywheel but then the noise disappeared and it didn't affect starting and that was 18 mnths or so ago...I don't do that many miles but every six months I have a look at the starter motor to check for metal swarf as this is an indication that the dmf is beginning to break up. The rattling will be a broken spring or two residing within the dmf, it sounds terrible at idle or low rpm so unless starting is being seriously affected I wouldn't be overly concerned if my experience is anything to go by.

Avoid pulling hard in a high gears and get it fixed in your own time.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club