Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tdci Oil Starvation

i2cater

Hi, can anyone tell me if they have experienced the same problem I have, having just had a service and oil change, soon after I experience a loud expensive sounding noise from the rocker cover area. On returning to the garage soon after, on inspection the rocker cover is removed, and no damage....no loose bolts....or anything unto wards. Except no oil reaching the cam at all, basically running dry! oil pressure good, no red lights, started perfectly after 4 weeks without being started, my garage are lost for answers, can any body help with this problem. The car has had a top end rebuild, new head etc approx 3 years ago, has now covered 112k

Anthony, have you made any progress on this one? it does seem feasilbe the oil pickup could be blocked.

Otherwise, I would check the sump and filters are fitted correctly...

Car still in garage, mechanic is stripping it down this week, apparently not heard of it in Ford dealership, it gets worse....now the car has been vandalised outside the workshop, now needs a new door!

:| vandelised in what way? I presume the bodyshop is going to pay the cost of the door, as its under their care and trust...